TN: 2010 Antinori Tignanello Toscana IGT

• 2010 Antinori Tignanello Toscana IGT - Italy, Tuscany, Toscana IGT (1/6/2020)
    Too young; it’s entered a secondary phase, but it’s still holding back. Medium-dark ruby core, no sign of age. The nose offers trace soil, some vanilla, and creme de cassis - but these need coaxed even after the bottle’s been open some 90 minutes. I took a chance, based on some reviews that this is ready - it’s far from it. Consider looking at this from 2023-2033 for a much more complete, and enjoyable, showing. The 14,0% abv. is fully integrated, the tannins are lightly sweet and very fine. This should come around nicely; I like the med/med+ body, and the freshness of the acidity. HOLD. recommended+

Posted from CellarTracker

I’ve had the 2004, 2007, and 2009 recently. The 04 and 07 were beautiful but the 09 still too primary. The level of extraction in the 2016 is surprising.

I’ve had the 2004, 2007, and 2009 recently. The 04 and 07 were beautiful but the 09 still too primary. The level of extraction in the 2016 is surprising.

Love the 04 vintage of this wine!

Tim thanks for the update on this. I’ve only got two bottles and with the price increases I don’t see myself ever buying this one again now that it’s $130+. These really do take some time to come around. I finally had my “wow” with the 2004 about a year ago…so I’m thinking that I’m at least waiting until 2025+ before I check in on one of these again.

no experience re the 2010 Tig but my first bottle of the 2013 was lovely…Still have some left but am in no rush to open them

The 2015 was incredible on release (with a long decant) but I suspect it has now shut down hard. Looking forward to trying it again in 10-15 years.

Thanks for the data point. I have 1 bottle and was thinking of trying it sometime this year. Looks like prudence is to wait…

Agreed, the '04 is really beautiful (probably my favourite of the 2000s), but '07 is the biggest surprise of the 2000s, as the vintage across Tuscany tended to create unbalanced wine, and the '07 is both opulent and elegant. 2010, 2015 and 2016 are all extremely young, but with very strong potential… I never actually tried the '13, as it was a vintage (like '07) that I mostly avoided, beyond some standout Chianti Classicos/Chianti Classico Reservas.

Anyone have the 1997 Tig recently? I’m seeing mostly good reports on CT but wide diversity in whether it is past peak or on the upswing. Probably storage-related. Assuming good storage, any decant advice?

The 2010 was wide open on release and absolutely beautiful. The oak was present but didn’t overwhelm. It started shutting down hard around 2016/17 so I hid my bottles away. A friend popped the 2010 maybe 6 months ago and it still felt pretty closed but after a few hours of air, I thought it started to come around a bit. It was a good data point but still felt like a bit of a waste. I probably wouldn’t open one for at least 3 years.