TN: 2014 Failla Pinot Noir Hirsch Vineyard (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast)

2014 Failla Pinot Noir Hirsch Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (1/18/2020)
A couple of years in the cellar have been good for this wine. The fruit has deepened, and a earthy/loamy note has emerged to add complexity. It still has the sweetness of ripe fruit, but it’s rounding into a more mature expression. The structure is well balanced to the fruit. Another few years should result in a very interesting, mature Pinot.

Posted from CellarTracker

Is the Failla Hirsch offering a consistent favorite of yours? Just curious if maybe purchase it often.

A couple of bottles a year. It’s expensive enough to preclude larger purchases.

Similar feeling, I’m not mad at the price but it’s expensive enough that I’ve tried to find on the secondary market at similar price when I have more funds available throughout the year. Something about that Hirsch Pinot, just gets me goingggggg!

To be honest, I am a bigger fan of Failla Syrah.

Haven’t tried many of them to be honest. Always think about dipping my toes into the pool though! What are your favorite Syrah’s from them?

Estate

Hirsch is my fave pinot in the lineup as well. There’s a savory fullness only that SVD seems to have for me. A 2012 quietly sits on Winebid for $45 before fees…