Does Bedrock do library releases?

Been a big Bedrock Wine Co fan since I first tried Morgan’s wines about 6 years ago. In rare situations I can find some of the older wines still in the retail market, but would love to see what is happening with the older Bedrock Heirloom and Heritage wines from the 2007-2011 period. Has Morgan ever done a library release before?

Occasionally?

I know they rereleased the 2010 Cab a few years ago, which I took huge advantage of…pretty sure they also rereleased the 2009 Lachryma Montis, which I also took advantage of (although less than huge).

*edit to correct the rerelease Cab vintage

Email them directly.

Chris had told me that they have a limited supply of wines pre-2009, as they were a newer/smaller operation then and were more focused on trying to sell wine vs. Holding large quantities. He said he actually tries to buy/bid on older vintages when he comes across them, so unfortunately I wouldnt expect a library release of the old stuff anytime soon.

I haven’t bought any recently, but in the past I have picked up some older Bedrocks on Winebid.

Morgan also released a 2000 Pinot under the Vino Bambino label about 6 years ago.

There have been “library releases” of things that are just a few years old as well. They have done releases of some cabs that are 4-5 years post vintage date and I wouldn’t be surprised if the team didn’t have some other ideas up their sleeve for some more extended age releases.

I just opened a Griffin’s Lair 2009 that was intended for consumption before end of 2019 but seemed to slip by. At any rate, it is drinking quite nicely now - still full of life and nicely balanced. I plan to open some 2007s soon to check on them…
20200121_205056.jpg

flirtysmile

07 Bedrock Vineyard Heirloom was awesome last year. Get ready to be happy.

Do you have Wine-Searcher Pro? There are lots of Bedrock wines from every vintage 2008 to present available at various retailers, generally at very favorable prices.

Just throwing a handful of them out there to be representative:

2010 Carlisle Mourvedre $30
2010 Kick Ranch Syrah $33
2009 Rebecca’s pinot $30
2011 Saitone zin $35
2011 Dolisnek heritage $40
2011 Pagani Heritage $44
2012 Endiku Bedrock zin $38
2013 Old Vines zin $27

If you don’t have WS-Pro, look at The Chicago Wine Co, Flickinger, K&L, Benchmark Wine Group and search their sites for Bedrock.

I would say this much more generally than Bedrock – retailers more and more carry back vintages of wines, and if the wines aren’t the trophy / collector type wines (and most good and very good wines are not), the prices are often quite reasonable, and not infrequently below what current releases are. Certainly below, and maybe far below, the substantial surcharges that the wineries will impose when doing library sales of back vintages.

And then you’re also not burdened/paying to store the wines for all those years, if you can go buy the 2013 or 2010 from a retailer today.

With an engine like WS-Pro, you can find a lot of things. I don’t know if everyone realizes how much is out there.

I find older Bedrock on Winebid from time to time. In fact there were some 2011 Bedrock Heritage on there 2-3 weeks ago that I picked up for $35 (excluding premium).