TN: Krug 168

From 375.

Fantastic. Laser like acidity, lemon zest and kafir lime on the palate. Very smooth on the palate. Just delicious. Best grand cuvee since the 164. Glad I stocked up.

Good to hear. Dumb luck, as I bought a little 167 over the holidays and was shipped a 168 by mistake (or they ran out of 167 and gave me 168…not sure). Might be time to source a little more 168, as it seems you dig it.

I think it’s as good as the 167 is now with a bit more potential. I’ve put away a case of 750s and 375s and now gonna look for deals and mags. I generally keep a few bottles of each gc for a vertical but only really stock the ones i really like and this one is worth buying in quantity for both the present and future imo.

I think the thing that was most striking was how accessible this was. The 167 was sorta like this, but seemed to have a bit less there. The 166 was initially searingly acidic to the point where it was hard to drink. The 165 was generous but didn’t quite have the precision of the 164 and 168. It’s a bit hard to compare the 164 and 168 becagxe they’re years apart, but I felt like they had similar precision but the 168 was a little richer. The 163 is one of my favorite for current drinking but can’t really stand up to these two imo.

Yes…I’ve heard! [wink.gif] Drinking my third bottle tonight…wife’s bday…it really shines with major air. I like it open for 2hrs then start sippin! champagne.gif

Thank you for the great insight! If I may ask, when you talk about deals for Krug (I am new to the fan club), how much do deals typically go for? Much appreciated.

Krug is ridiculously good.

I can’t say I’ve ever had a bad bottle.

You want to hate them but the wine is that good.

I unfortunately feel the same way. Had the e162 and e167 together and am always impressed by how different they are than everything else. Popping my first 1995 from a six pack next week which will be fun. Have heard great things on e168 which is exciting.

$145-150 is a good deal, IMO. Savvy buyers can find it for less. An easy idea is to buy it on Berserker Day if Hi-Time’s 10% off special applies (currently sits at $165, so 10% off makes it pretty attractive).

I’d try that but this bottle didn’t last 2h

Haven’t had gc older than 163 at least ones that had a code. Will have to find some.

Weirdly, this seems to be available only in the US.

Someone had replied on the other thread that it’s also pretty expensive. Btw wine.com has restocked the 375s which are pretty cheap with those $50 codes. All of the 375s I got from them were 168 except 1.

Will be released in the spring in the UK I think.

Thank you!

Popped a 168 last night for science. Wasn’t fond of it right out the gate (which isn’t uncommon), but after an hour, Krug does what Krug does. It really came together and was drinking so damn well. Clearly the best release since the 164.

Also, big shoutout to the 05 Pierre Peters Cuvee Speciale Les Chetillons next to it. I’m sure many here would pick that over the 168. Like the 168, it needed some time to come together, but when it did, it was booming.

From half or 750?

not sure I understand. $99.97 is the price per 1/2 bottle and the site doesn’t say what version it is. What $50 code?

They are 168, at least the ones I got were.

Heard from a somm who went to a Champagne tasting that Krug is going to stop making 375ml.

Anybody else hear this?