Taking it into your own hands...Frankenwines, or "re-creations/replications"....

I’ve been searching for a long lost love: Moet Chandon’s Petite Liqueur, official name Moët & Chandon Petite Liquorelle.

It pops up here and there online, but usually in ways too difficult or pricey to acquire, and I really want some.

So, like romance, sometimes these things having to be undertaken with your own two hands.

I found this article: How to Revive A Lost Favorite - WSJ

I plan to resurrect this wonderful Champagne based beverage according to the article and see how it goes.

On order are three different Pineaus: Paul-Marie & Fils Très Vieux Pineau des Charentes, Pierre Ferrand Pineau des Charentes, and Navarre Pineau des Charentes Vieux.

The plan is to start with two or three parts of champagne (I will use Moet’s “Imperial” for a house vibe) and one part pineau des charentes. Then, a few drops of Kahlua coffee liqueur to the glass, and see if the article is right.

I followed Petite Liqueur from the start, so I will try to offer a way for others to experience the same joy and will post tasting notes…likely late February.

I know NED VALOIS was also a fan, so this is also for you, NED! [cheers.gif]

Also, If anybody knows a way for me to buy some to compare against my concoction, let me know!!!

I ‘reached out’ to Moet and they were kind but no precise data available.

They did give me some clues, so I have some Moet Marc de Champagne coming and then the experiment will continue.

Also the base Champagnes they mentioned trying were the Moet Imperial and the Nectar.

More to come.

We await further reports.