Who is the BerserkerDay MVP? Count your bottles!!!

Each year we compile a list of ‘champions’ for BerserkerDay. We have three standing awards, which most of you probably have seen already, with last year’s winners:

BerserkerDay MVP - the Berserker who purchased the most wine (not including accessories/food) on BerserkerDay
BerserkerDay All-Pro - the Berserker who has been in contention for MVP multiple years, often in a row, or completely impossible to catch, Hall of Fame material
BerserkerDay ROTY (Rookie of the Year) - the newbie Berserker who has purchased more than any other ‘rookie’

There is a thread here, as well, and it’s good for everyone to share, but if you feel you are ‘in the running’ for one of the awards, please post here your bottle counts, and if you are a rookie to BerserkerDay, be sure to mention that as well!

By that thread we have a few potential leaders:

Dave McIsaac, with 137 bottles, our current leader for Champ
John Simpson with 174 bottles (shoe-in for All-Pro, as he was LAST year as well)
Brian DesPlaines with 96 bottles from 17 producers (ROTY candidate)

Got these folks beat? Share your numbers!!!

Ha! Nowhere close! A “measly” or “paltry” 38 bottles!

This rookie only ordered 61. Had I known I had a shot a ROTY I would have ordered 3x that much to try and win both awards!

1. Been a busy January buying new releases. This was an interesting first BD for me and I’m excited to try some new wines to me.

I’m the anti-wine MVP! I crushed Flannery’s offer, bought microlot coffee, pick up some Grassl glasses and a bunch of olive oil.

Somebody has to do the hard work, and it feels counter-intuitive to buy wine when I’m sitting in Paris :smiley:

Needless to say, well done, sir.

Ok, so my final tally (so far…) is 137 bottles plus a Berserker Barfer, a couple of Grassl stems and Nola’s EVOO

I’ll post more details in the other thread

Like John S, I live in the wine wasteland Ohio

Edited because I forgot to include a sixer from Patricia Green, which changed my total from 131 to 137

The Champ comes back with a SOLID return! 131 bottles, ousting Peter Shurman! I’ll update the OP

John S has me beat… [worship.gif]

Yes, but he’s the All-Pro - next level stuff. He’s a walking Hall of Famer, so he gets his own category, just to give others a chance.

My first year here, I picked up 43 bottles.

Is he the guy Tattoo kept talking about in Fantasy Island?

After narrowly missing out on Rookie of the Year 3 years ago, I purchased an embarrassingly small amount of bottles this year. Maybe next year Todd should get us altogether to day drink to up the bottle count?

I’d have to sit out the day-drinking or there’d BE no BerserkerDay!!

Amended the first post as Dave McIsaac ‘forgot’ about 6 bottles he purchased from Patricia Green. You know you have a BerserkerDay sickness when you have 131 bottles in your count, and realize you FORGOT SIX MORE!!!

We might have to close the tally at this point, any other entrants??

I think it would also be interesting to look at who purchased not only the most bottles, but the broadest selection of producers as well. They probably go hand in hand, but to me, this is equally ‘as impressive’ . . .

Thanks to all who supported all of the small, family owned wineries during BD - we all truly appreciate it.

Cheers!