Rhys Mt Pajaro release next week

Long time supporter of Rhys. Mt Pajaro is near where I live in Corralitos, CA

Any tasting notes?

Thanks,

Mark

You’re a lot closer to it than many of us. Can you meet someone at the vineyard and sample a bottle?
That ought to be a cooler area than on top of Skyline Drive, right?

I have a Chardonnay note posted here, and on CellarTracker.

Tasted the 17s last summer with FMIII, they are outstanding across the board.

My prediction: the vineyard will be very special. That area seems to be a hot bed right now

I dipped a 2017 Mt. Pajaro Chardonnay from 500mL a few weeks back and enjoyed it very much. I subsequently ran through the Alpine and Horseshoe to do a comparison. I found the Mt. Pajaro to be between the Alpine and Horseshoe in the lush v. racy spectrum. I accitentionally bought quite a few of the 2017s in 500mL so am not convicted in how many 750s I’ll need, but there is no purchase regret on the stuff in the cellar now.

Cheers,
fred

Mark, I pasted my Mt Pajaro TNs below from the visit we did last summer to Rhys (and the recent bottle of Chenin we had during a Rhys event at my house just before the holidays). I’m not sure what’s all included in the upcoming release but when I know, I can post the rest of my TNs that align with the offer. I offer these notes to give another POV, for those who align with my palate or what just another dude’s impression.

• 2017 Rhys Chenin Blanc Mt. Pajaro Vineyard - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (11/10/2019)
    Rhys @ My Place–Part 4 (My House): Bottle was opened yesterday for our Rhys event. My notes from yesterday say stone fruits, ginger, apple, high acid, with a bright core. Retasting 24 hrs later, what I like about this wine is the core of fruit and the purity it reflects. There is an interesting ginger, green apple, peach flesh combination of flavors, finishing with nectarine and mineral. Medium-weight, listed at 12.5% ABV, this drinks great and can take a place in my cellar as a complement to Chardonnay.
  • 2017 Rhys Chardonnay Mt. Pajaro Vineyard - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (7/26/2019)
    July 2019 Rhys Visit–Taste The 2017s and some new stuff (Rhys Estate (At The Winery)): Tasted at the winery. 12.7% ABV, with 15-20% new wood. Lime, honeyed lightly, with bright green apple flavors. This seemed overall to me gentle and approachable (akin to the 2017 MP PN which we also tasted). Spicy, with a touch of caramel into the finish.
  • 2017 Rhys Pinot Noir Mt. Pajaro Vineyard - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (7/26/2019)
    July 2019 Rhys Visit–Taste The 2017s and some new stuff (Rhys Estate (At The Winery)): Tasted at the winery. This is the first release of MP as a single vineyard wine (in 2016, it all went into the Alesia SCM PN). 13.6% ABV, virtually destemmed with 20-25% new wood. Floral nose, I really dug just smelling it in the glass. Red fruited, spicy with a zesty/zingy quality. Medium wight, moderate complexity and approachable, yet enough spicy cherry to liven it all up. Drinking well for me.

Posted from CellarTracker

Appreciated, Frank

This is the vineyard across from Windy Oaks?

yes

Exactly.

http://www.everyvine.com/org/Rhys_Vineyards/vineyard/Pajaro_Vineyard/