TN: 2005 Zilliken (Forstmeister Geltz) Saarburger Rausch Riesling Auslese Auction

• 2005 Zilliken (Forstmeister Geltz) Saarburger Rausch Riesling Auslese Auction - Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer (2/11/2020)
    Purchased from Dee Vine, and boy was this DI-VINE! Gorgeous bouquet of orange marmalade, honeysuckle, chamomile, apricot, yellow flowers, smoke. Nice concentration and body, the wine is incredibly fresh and youthful, with an everlasting finish of lemon/lime zest, white smoke, and vanilla cream held up by bright acidity. I finished my glass 30 minutes ago and still the flavors linger on the palate. Outstanding! (98 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I’ve loved the 2005 Rieslings I’ve had and Zilliken makes some great wines, so I can only imagine how wonderful this is. I had the 2018 Zilliken GKA not too long ago and it’s is excellent too. Thanks for the great note.

Hi Brian,

Do you recall the A.P. #?

Thanks,
Dale

I don’t sorry.

That would take some photographic memory…

Mosel Fine Wines say 09.

I have a visit set up in late May. I have never been to this winery before. Can’t wait.

Their 1988 Eiswein when I visited two years ago was a revelation. Hope you get to try something special there too!

[cheers.gif] Guaranteed we will taste special stuff. I’ll be in Germany for the International Riesling Symposium. I’m traveling with Kirk Wille, President of Loosen Bros. USA. Rounding out our foursome will be Bob Bertheau, head winemaker for Ch. St. Michelle and James Hall co-founder and winemaker at Patz and Hall. I’m jazzed for the trip.
K