Please buy at the Crush progressive sale so there is nothing left for me . . .

The Crush progressive sale starts today. Traditionally, I wait until the last day and gobble up the bargains. I need you guys and gals to help me out this year. I have no room in my cellar and the waiting list, represented by cases on the cellar floor, is out of hand. I need the rest of you to buy as much as possible so there is nothing left for me tomorrow. Please . . . I’m begging you . . . My marriage depends on it.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

I haven’t purchased anything in all of… (checks calendar)… 7 days, and then this sale comes along to ruin my streak. Lots of good deals on day 1 already, the PYCM in particular is a very solid price.

You’re not very serious, Jay. You didn’t even post a link for me to find the sale. [snort.gif]

Sorry. I got it by email and didn’t think of it. Here it is.

https://www.crushwineco.com/features/february-sale.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Winter%20Sale%20-%20Day%201&utm_content=Winter%20Sale%20-%20Day%201+CID_bb0881e50b2f049d8f0087ce4ecc509f&utm_source=Campaign%20Monitor&utm_term=website

There is a sale on wine everyday. This one is not that much different. When would buy from Crush again? Once I received the orders that I already purchased at the “last sale?” Lesson learned, do not purchase pre-arrival… have no clue when the ‘bottles will arrive’. (Does anyone know when too long is too long with Crush and what the general policy is for these crazy pre-arrival purchases?)

On the second day, you can get to WS global low, which is better than most other sales, so I do look out for this one every six months. I haven’t really had an issue with getting pre-arrival wines from Crush (but I’m not usually in much of a rush), and they have usually provided me with some estimate.

Why does it say at the top Day 1 of 2? Is it only a 2 day sale? I thought this goes for a few more days usually.

thanks mike for the tip. (They gave me the generic it will be 3-5 months, and it will be after Jan 1) :slight_smile:. Just hoping it doesn’t turn into years.

These sales can be a really good deal; nothing too exciting this time unless you really want large formats. I got a macallan 25 last year for 1200 something and 16 Ramonet Boudriotte Blanc for 99.

I like Crush, but sometimes feel the same about their sales as I do Zachys sales.

I looked and there wasn’t anything on my “must buy” list. In general the prices looked decent, but the bottles just didn’t get me very excited. I do like Crush, but the best deals are normally on sourcing hard-ish to find bottles that pop up in the email offers.

TW

So like a novice, I purchased a bottle yesterday only to find out that the same bottle is discounted even more today. Anyone happen to know if they’ll refund the difference? Not a big difference, but still.

Doubt it–that’s the whole point of the sale. The bottle you bought could have sold out yesterday, so you gamble between buying on the first day or the second day.

They won’t. The sale works by offering higher and higher discounts each day. The idea being that you want to buy before it sells out.

Missed the barthods, too late. Got angerville, jamet, and duroche.

Clearly new to this. Wish I had read their e-mail more carefully haha. Thank you!

A little annoyed I didn’t log in at 1, tho.

Brovia villiero is a nice deal too.

FYI, Jay - 2018 A.J. Adam Riesling Kabinett Dhron Hofberg on sale @ $17.95

So is this supposed to be declining in price still? I haven’t anything amazing but am tracking a few.