Augustine Wine Bar (aka: if you like older wines...)

Not sure this is the right place, or even remotely appropriate, but I thought it might be worth a mention that tomorrow night (Tuesday Feb 18th) Augustine Wine Bar turns 5yrs old.
It’s probably not that big a deal in the restaurant/bar world, but in our little corner of the Valley, it’s pretty cool.
And if you happen to be in LA, and happen to enjoy older wines, tomorrow night would be a good time to stop in.
As we do every year, we try to offer some wine/vintages that you might not see BTG very often.
Sometimes we only have one bottle.
Sometimes we have more.
But we love pouring them all, and hope people enjoy whatever story the bottle has to tell.
And tomorrow we’ll pour wines from 12 decades.
It should be fun;)

Awesome, it is a great place with amazing offerings. Congrats.

I’ve heard great things about Augustine recently, but have never been. I’ve been trying to slow my wine spending recently since I’m in between jobs, but this sounds like something I shouldn’t miss. I’ll try to stop by tonight!

EDIT: Whoops, I mean tonight!

I too can attest to the quality and passion that David and his staff put into their operation - top notch from beginning to end! If you are in the area, please do stop by here - and Mirabelle, another of his ventures not too far away as well.

David - you probably should post these things either in the offline planner area or the wine pimps area.

Cheers

Wow, what a great spot and fabulous night. We had some 1958 Margeaux, 1972 Patriarche Meursault-Charmes 1er Cru, 1975 d’yquem, 1976 Richard Bocking Traben-Trarbacher Burgberg Riesling Beerenauslese, and 1983 Dr Thanisch Spatlese (forgot which vineyard). Very wonderful night trying a bunch of new wines. We’ll be back!

David - Sounds like you have a great place. When we visit LA in early March we will certainly stop by. Thanks for bringing your place to my attention.

I hope to visit next time I’m in LA. Saw you / it on one of the blind tasting sessions episodes on Somm TV. Looks like quite a cool program you have going there.

It’s always nice when Berserkers stop by. I’m not there all the time, but please ask for me if you come in.
And don’t hold my poor performance against me, blinding is mighty humbling…even more so on camera;)

Thanks for the kind words Larry.
Hope to see you soon!

We stopped by last night and had a few nice glasses of wine and a great time on a school night! [drinkers.gif] Thanks David

I love this place too. I missed last night but will be back soon. As some of you have noted, I think it’s a must visit for those coming to LA, or who live in LA and care enough about wine to spend time on WB. There are always interesting older bottles open to buy by the glass, which is wonderful and mindblowing.

That 1983 Dr. Thanisch was great and really surprised me with how young it seemed to me. It was the oldest Spatlese I’ve had by far, but if I tasted it blind, I wouldn’t have guessed it was older than 2001. A lot of great wines last night.

I’ll be visiting soon

Um. In LA no text?!?

Always a “must visit” whenever we’re in LA, food is always on point and the wines are a ton of fun. Congrats on the anniversary!

I’m in TO and Riverside for work a lot now…so, not really LA! But, I need to carve out some time to get into town. You’ll be hearing from me!

Will do. And you held your own! I would have scared you know what doing that on camera.

I was there on Feb 18 and then the world shut down. Excited to go back tonight!

Visiting friends in Sherman Oaks and we stopped by - had no idea it was owned by a WB.

Had a wonderful old burg - definitely looking forward to our next visit in October!
augustine wb.jpg

1 Like

This looks very cool and worth a visit next time I’m in LA :wink: