Some Interesting Italian Wine Articles...

As linked in Wine Terroirist, some interesting articles on Italian wines:

SuperBaroloVine
is a RobertCamuto interview about a super Barolo vine that LucianoSandrone, called Talin, they have propagated & are now making a Talin wine. It gives a very intensely-colored Barolo. Thank god we can have a Barolo that plays well in Monktown and no more those wussy/wimpy pale-colored Barolos.

ViettiTimorasso
is a Forbes article on how Luca Corrado Vietti has fallen in love w/ Timorasso, found a vnyd, and is now making varietal Timorasso, from some top vnyds in the ColliTortonesi.

Iand’Agata:AltoAdige
is a Vinous article by Ian d’Agata on wines of the AltoAdige. Nothing terrible profound, but rather interesting.

Tom

That super nebbiolo article about Sandrone was very interesting. I’d been seeing lots of hype on the Facebook Barolo/Barb fan page about the 2013 Sandrone Vite Talin. Hope to try one day…

In the Vietti article I was surprised to see Vietti’s Moscato tasted before the reds and seeing Todd describe it as “off-dry”. It seems rather far-fetched, since the wine is +100 g/l in residual sugar (although I must admit that it does taste less sweet than one would imagine from the technical analyses).

Off-dry is just a marketing term for sweet wine that gives people permission to do something that’s not cool (i.e. to enjoy sweet wine).