Triggered at Total Wine

This got my mad in store and now I’m Mad On Line.

3 Likes

Wow, I just met someone who is too tightly wrapped for Total Wine! champagne.gif

Stay away from the Gallo Hearty Burgundy section, too! [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Now my blood is boiling!

1 Like

Well, legally certain CA wineries can label their sparkling wines as “California Champagne.” Same goes for any winery in any state which is grandfathered in.

3 Likes

That just makes me LOL more than makes me mad. Shows you that they have to cater to the consumer and at the Wal-Mart of wine the consumer doesn’t know the difference. [soap.gif]

2 Likes

Heaven forbid we put in a little effort to learn about what we are putting in our bodies.

2 Likes

How about just stay away from Total Wine altogether? [scratch.gif]

And Counselor Seiber, you stay the hell out of there, too. [rofl.gif]

2 Likes

Is that like “Brewers Burgundy” in the Uk decades ago?

I think the high life is more forgivable… no one is confusing that brand for the French…

1 Like

Oh, I thought you were complaining about how the cases were stacked~

1 Like

I’ve laughed at this for years. I’ve considered asking one of the workers where the rest of the Champagne is displayed. What’s even worse is the horrible selection of Champagne carried by Total Wine relative to their selection of wine generally (which isn’t a high bar to begin with). They have the most pedestrian collection of stuff, with a few mass-produced (Veuve, etc.), and a bunch of completely unknown mediocre “direct imports”. Not sure they have any growers…

Yes, Champagne has been the weakest section of any Total Wine store I’ve visited.

-Al

champagne.gif

C6AC24EC-7B8A-40F7-8E23-53F7EEA5CF47.jpeg

My problem with them is how hard they push their winery direct brands. I stop in from time to time to see what they have for bourbon and will always check out the Cabernet selection. I picked up 2 2012 Forman that were $20 below current release price. When I was checking out their Wine Manager took the oppty to try and convince me to trade those out for Moone Tsai Napa instead. He slammed Forman and said those wines were head and shoulders above my selection. I politely declined his offer and let him know Forman was one of my favorite producers and that Ric Forman was one of the all time great Vinters in Napa. When he continued to slam the wine I told him after 15 years of going to Napa I knew exactly what I like and don’t and didn’t need to try his winery direct recommendation.

What a great way to treat a customer who is dropping $200 with you. Sorry, your idea stinks and you should try mine.

2 Likes

Ok, which one of you did this?

TLDR: Guy claims he went out of his way to a specific Total Wine for a specific wine and was denied service because they believed he was the straw buyer for some random person that happened to walk in at the same time as him. A follow up from the manager only made things worse. As revenge, he placed a large, laborious $10K order, never picked it up, and then Total had to refund him, per their policy.

5 Likes

Personally I have found Rose to be the worst. 100 bottlings, but almost all crap IMO.

1 Like

Here in AZ it’s the riesling section. Just horribly, brutally bad.

1 Like