TN: 2010 EMH Cabernet Sauvignon Black Cat Special Selection (USA, California, Napa Valley)

I opened a bottle of this to go with a nice brisket last night. Great combination. I bought the bottle from Merrill last year. Drinking really well with a little time to open up.

• 2010 EMH Cabernet Sauvignon Black Cat Special Selection - USA, California, Napa Valley (2/27/2020)
    Perfect cork and fill. Dark red core, minimal lightening at the rim with no bricking. Nose a bit muted and musty on opening, clears up nicely after an hour and is really singing at 2 hours. Cherries, red raspberries, hint of fresh field greens in summer on the nose. Medium body, fresh fruit, excellent balancing acidity - a really classic balance - no uber-ripeness or heaviness here. Flavors follow the nose, some well-integrated tannins show up towards the end, medium finish. This should continue to drink well for another 5-10 years. Excellent.

Thank you for the very detailed note, David. I like the field greens descriptor. I need to open one of these, if I still have one.

Thank you for the note- I realized it is on my revisit list for 2020 [cheers.gif]
It was so good the two times I had it before ('14 and '17 iirc)

Thank you David! Sounds great. We will need to revisit soon.

I searched but couldn’t find a note on the regular 2010 Black Cat so tagging here. We had one yesterday and after a short decant it was shared with friends and family. It’s in an absolute terrific spot right now. Really showing well with notes of red and black fruit with great acidity and balance. We just don’t drink a lot of Napa Cab anymore but these are still some of our favorite wines. They really age so well and great with or without food.

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks Fred. We have one left.