2018 PYCM

Tried this weekend the recently released first tranche 2018s from Domaine Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey, four delicious wines!! Next will be the 1er Cru La Chatenière …

2018 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Bourgogne Blanc - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne Blanc (2/29/2020)
Supple, glossy with a ample core of juicy citrus fruit nicely balanced and lovely. (89 pts.)

2018 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Saint-Aubin Le Banc - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Saint-Aubin (2/29/2020)
Already expressive with almond, creamy citrus, rich, accessible, delicious and sapid on the finish. (90 pts.)

2018 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru Sous Frétille - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru (2/29/2020)
Intense ripe citrus, more textured with chalky soil tones, lovely depth, tension and grip. (91 pts.)

2018 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Saint-Aubin 1er Cru Hommage à Marguerite - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Saint-Aubin 1er Cru (2/29/2020)
A mix of SA Combes, Créots and Perrieres, one third of each. This is delicate and refined with delicious, focused citrus and mouthwatering fresh. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the notes on these. I’m having dinner with Pierre-Yves and Caroline Tuesday night.

hope there’s some good wine opened.

Name dropper :slight_smile: Do report back!!

2018 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Saint-Aubin 1er Cru La Chatenière - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Saint-Aubin 1er Cru (3/2/2020)

A touch of sulpher on the nose and reduction, with intense lemon, white fruit, fine acidity and mineral tension. Young, very fine and promising!! (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Anyone here knows how PYCM’s Bourgogne Blanc compares in 2018 vs 2016? I have tried neither but notes on CT seem to suggest the former is very big and ripe and the latter a bit austere.

If I had to buy one to drink now which vintage would you recommend?

Thanks for the notes. I have a handful of the 2018 Bourgogne Blanc that I’ll pick up once the border reopens. I echo Jan’s question.

I thought the 18 was a bit ripe, certainly big, but still in balance.