2005 d'Yquem 750s for $199

Central Wine Merchants has 2005 d’Yquem 750s for $199. Seems like a great deal. No affiliation, but I did buy some!

https://www.centralwinemerchants.com/wines/Chateau-d-Yquem-Sauternes-2005-w9967569wr

Well, you are a bad influence.

That seemed pretty amazing, so I grabbed a couple.

Thanks for the heads up, but my budget curses you! [cheers.gif]

Followed link above and there were 13 in stock. Refreshed page and sold out.

Wow, behold the unlimited consumer power of the Berserkers! [berserker.gif]

Must be nice to be rich. [grin.gif]

Nice deal, sorry I missed it

Here to please. champagne.gif

I owe it all to home value appreciation and home ownership. champagne.gif

Was that some serious mistake pricing? 75% off seems, well, generous.
D'yquem.PNG

No, was intentional: 94 Pt Knockout Red - $19.98 - Central Wine Merchants

Was able to pick one up (said 60+ when I ordered). And WSPro low is $250 so not that much lower.

Ripper deal!

Such BS - the merchant claims it is 75% off THE ORIGINAL RELEASE PRICE. Yeah right.

It’s not even remotely close to 75% off, but it’s still 20% below the next lowest price in the country for a wine that’s rarely discounted. Not bad!

I understand that. It’s a good price. So why does a merchant need to blatantly lie?

To balance out the removal of eligibility for case discounting…

Geez, I can’t believe I missed that:(

Is there a notification option to set up or is it luck of the draw when you log online and check the boards?

That’s how modern advertising, particularly on the internet, works. Inflate the “original” price, then discount it a huge percentage. People are stupid and will believe it.

I’m on their email list and got a message a good half hour before the board posting. But i guess that makes it kick if the draw for what you’re signed up for.

Edited to say I didn’t buy

How many email lists are you on? Do these guys often put stuff like this on a sale price?