Buying slowdown has commenced, and it shows!

Getting on in years and starting to plan a life without clinic and the OR means wine purchasing has begun its inevitable slowdown.

A bigtime Napa producer took my reduced purchase this year to heart as they sent me the few bottles I purchased in a package that was barely held together by Scotch tape!

In my worst hungover stupor I could not have done a worse job.

Bottles are intact and if I’m alive in a decade they’ll get uncorked but seriously, that was not quality in shipping.

Why wouldn’t you share the name of said producer?

I figured you were referring to the buying slowdown that is our current economy, across the board (other than toilet paper and bottled water for some stupid reason) due to coronavirus. I’m getting some interesting emails begging for business

Doc say it ain’t so!?! If you aren’t livin large, we have no template for moving forward!

When I was young the old winos would tell me, but til 65, then drink. I am with on seeing that horizon!

Also, I am much more poorly packaged than I used to be!

I’m not talking down the producer. I’m guessing they don’t handle their shipping in-house.

You’re telling me!

“I’ve got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me.”

~ Roger Thornhill, aka Cary Grant

RT

One of my customers in New York City cancelled an appointment we had for next week. She’s expecting a business slowdown when everyone stops going to retail stores. [dontknow.gif] I hope this is a one off, but still.

dh

That may be true, my friend, but the winery is ultimately responsible for this.

Then Glenn should communicate with the winery about their shipping service. There is way too much vindictiveness on this board to out a producer for something done by a shipping service.

But buying is half the fun!

Agreed - I’m just tired of wineries holding up their hands and saying that there’s nothing that can do about bad customer service or outrageous pricing from ‘third party shippers’. There is - they can make them accountable and/or switch companies [snort.gif]

Cheers.

And David, so glad to hear you are doing better, my friend . . .

Here? Vindictive? Say it ain’t so! newhere

This is just the start. As diseases mutate, it only will get worse.

All the cool people are retiring and slowing down wine purchases. It’s great, except every time the market goes down 1000 points.

Great; wine is now cheap, but I can no longer afford it.

The least of our problems is wine. As we begin to cancel events, the economy goes into a tailspin. Airlines, hotels, restaurants lose business, and cut back staff.

People work from home, they don’t buy coffee or lunch, those business’ go under. But hey, I can buy Lafite for less than $200!

I bought 'til I was 65, then kept buying. Only slowing down very recently, because of relative lack of funds, due to lack of sales, due to tariffs.

I expect to die with a cellar full of wine, which my heirs will magically transform into money, as they do not drink.

The people who pay them money for the wines will drink and enjoy them.

My heirs will waste the money on living and other frivolous activities.

It’s all good.

Dan Kravitz

Shops are already going belly up due to the internet. This will only accelerate the decline.

Oh, and Mark: Don’t let the Berserker with the signature about misuse of apostrophes see what you did to the plural word businesses. blush

Man, you are so right!!!

I think not going to work is going to be 7/8ths of the fun.

+1 Wineries are responsible for evry aspect of the wine buying experience until the product is recieved by the buyer. Anything else is just a cop out.