2008 Cristal Mags--disgorgement video

This was posted by Jean-Baptiste today over on Instagram. For the Cristal fans here who may not be on social media, here is the video.

I wonder how much these will be on release? [cry.gif]

thats so awesome. thanks for the video

I’ve already bought a six pack of these bottles a year ago. I’ve paid roughly $520 (without taxes). This compares to $246 ex tax global average price you currently find on wine-searcher.com. So quite a fair price. However, compared to the first (and cheapest) batch of regular bottles, which I bought for $170, or current cheapest rates for the regular bottles at 180-190, this $520 seem high. But it’s a magnum, it’s champagne and with all the crazy high scores and the high praise as wine of the vintage (probably beaten only by the unreachable and not available Salon 2008), I guess the price will for sure be above >500.

(all this is Europe centric, in the US you might add 10%+ to all the numbers)

Where is the disgorgement? All I see is a bottle being turned upside down.

I don’t expect any type of special premium on the 2008 Magnums as it will be the original release of the wine. The premium is normally on any later released magnums and then on the Vinotheque releases.

Michael, maybe some semantics at play here. The process has steps, and what was in the video above, the cages are already applied. Seeing the previous 30 seconds of the video would have helped.

Here is one I did at Marie Courtin back in 2018. This gives a good sense of the process that was not shown above. The link is safe, as it’s my own link.