TN: 2017 Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese feinherb Ur Alte Reben

• 2017 Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese feinherb Ur Alte Reben - Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer (3/10/2020)
    After two weeks of abstinence for a medical procedure, this was the first wine I opened. I thought it was appropriate given that it was a bottle of Selbach-Oster that initially opened my eyes to the greatness of German Riesling. This was an excellent choice, as the wine showed great palate definition, and was also perfectly balanced to work with food. The finish was dry, but echoed the crisp apple and pear fruit from the nose. Distinct petrichor notes formed the base for the fruit. Just lovely.

Posted from CellarTracker

2017 Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese feinherb Ur Alte Reben - Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer (9/2/2022)
I opened a 2017 Feinherb from another producer last night. It showed very well, so I figured why not this. Thankfully it worked out. I won’t say this is “ready” but it certainly drink well, with the only quibble being a bit of astringency on the finish. There’s plenty of fruit, so more cellar time should sort out the finish.

1 Like