Roederer to buy Diamond Creek

Continues his acquisitive streak… thoughts?

My current thoughts: GTFO with these subscription models. [swearing.gif]

Will have to read later.
sf.PNG

So they should give you stuff for free?

Yawn. Would have liked to contribute something to this thread. Curious what Roederer paid and what their plans are, if that was even mentioned (within a subscription based model, I’d hope so).

So yes, you want it for free.

Lol. Ok, big boy

I actually pay for multiple on line papers. It’s called supporting journalism.

Could also just turn off the ad blocker…

Seriously? On this forum, where the average person has more disposable income than 99.99% of the population, you’re bitching about a paywall?

I’m glad I could take the spotlight from both Roederer and Diamond Creek, but you guys really don’t have to treat me so well.

The details you were looking were not provided in that article.

Seems like a classic kind of property that gets sold in Napa to a classic buyer. Good fit.

Here’s a free article.

https://www.winespectator.com/articles/roederer-champagne-owners-buy-napa-s-diamond-creek

It’s in the Napa Valley Register too.

I don’t mind paywalls as they gotta pay their bills, but there are a few newspapers I’d rather not support. SF Chron is one.

No real details on the price but the second generation says there wasn’t a third generation to pass it on to. I suppose I probably would have done the same. Always good wines and I hope they remain so.

Curtis, try

You can sign up for their daily email news too. Probably a better source than regular news outlets and closer to the sources in the wine world.

I pay for journalism that I want to read! If someone posts an article then yes it needs to accessible for all to read, no dead end pay walls!