How long can you live on wine alone?

If it came down to it, how long do you think you could live consuming only wine (and perhaps water)—things in great quantities at my home. This topic was prompted by my trip to supermarket and it’s empty shelves.

Just got back from Trader Joe’s. All the fresh meat is gone and about half of all frozen food. Still plenty of swill on the shelves, though. I guess folks can live without wine. I’ve never seen such full shopping carts at TJ’s and it was all hands on deck to check people out.

Funny I’d expect the opposite. If stockpiling, buy it already frozen. Saves all the bagging and sealing.

The real test will be how quickly the shelves restock. I’m not hearing of any underlying supply issues at this stage.

My son works at TJ’s in Pittsburgh. They set a record store-record $ sales on Thursday, which is usually one of their slower days. He said people were grabbing everything including paper products, fresh meat and much frozen fruits and veggies. He was on a register for 12 straight hours.

I’m stocked up for a month

It’s times like these that I’m thankful for my membership to Restaurant Depot.

don’t know about wine, but there is the guy in Ohio (I think) who gave up everything but beer for Lent last year and lost a lot of weight. He is doing it again this year

50 years.

This question was directed to non-aussies.

I know that you have Harlan. I’ll bring some of my stash of toilet paper and canned tuna, and we can have a party separated by six feet. Wouldn’t want you to starve.

You could live the rest of your life consuming only wine.

I’ve thought about doing an all wine/bread/cheese diet? [training.gif]

And what a glorious few weeks it would be.