#Quaranwine

As we move into social distancing mode, and very likely, a full lockdown a la Italy, how do you anticipate the change will effect your wine drinking? As we look ahead to several weeks of schools closed, working from home, no flying, potentially no eating out, no going to the gym, etc will you drink more/less? Better/more casually? Is a weeknight wine the same during a quarantine week night? Curious how people think their drinking habits may differ over the coming days and weeks.

Its open sesame for me. Home more so fewer bottles with friends, but internal limits on what constitutes a bottle to be saved and shared have been relaxed. Not surprisingly, as the wine gets better, the tendency to have one more glass increases as well.

I sure hope people don’t stop drinking wine! [shock.gif] But it begs a sub-question; are you drinking wine in the company of others only, or when you’re just by yourself/closest family?

Oh boy, another #coronavirus thread! [stirthepothal.gif]

Small sample size alert. One day, plenty of wine. If this is any indication I “only” have enough wine to last me the next 18 months or so.

[berserker.gif]

Im not concerned about the virus. It will probably disappear at the end of the 4th Quarter too

Has anyone tried a quarantini?

At this time I think its prudent for WBers’ to shift to higher abv’s, for their medicinal and disinfecting properties. I’m glugging a delicious 14% 2015 Lucien Lardy ‘les Thorins’ Moulin a Vent right now, and even on a cold drizzly day, its hitting the spot. It’s far too young - more tannin than you would expect in a bojo - but its good medicine for quaranwine

Today it seems as though people here in SF have gone into quarantine mode. It’snot just sanitizers. To get food for dinner I went to two supermarkets in Pacific Heights. Bryant’s had run out of carrots, brussels spouts, and all sorts of food items. Six people were re stocking shelves. At Cal Mart it looked as though locusts had devoured the shelves. Raymond at Wine Impressions said that their business was fantastic the past few days.People are realizing they will be at home with the kids for two weeks and need all the booze they can find.

I decided this is the time to start an importing and distributing company. I’m just focusing more on retail than restaurants at this point and lower price points than higher price points. I’ve got a great 6.99 Chiant DOCGi:

To quote my hematologist friend Vikram, “It’s only Quarantine if it’s in the Quarante province of France. Otherwise it’s just Sparkling Isolation.”

Gym off limits. Wine consumption up. With my free time I baked a (pear walnut upside down) cake today.

If the CV doesn’t get me, the Quarantine will!

As we move into social distancing mode, and very likely, a full lockdown a la Italy, how do you anticipate the change will effect your wine drinking?

Any effect will be elsewhere - it won’t affect my drinking.

We’ll keep drinking the same shitty wines! [cheers.gif]

You know it’s bad when they even run out of brussel sprouts. [wink.gif]

My plan is to make terroir based sanitizers using organic aloe vera and high alcohol eau de vies from single vineyards and orchards. I will co ferment them in new Troncais barrels…although I am thinking about using Hungarian puncheons.

The real question is what subreddits you’re reading :nerd_face:

My favorite is always:
/r/UNBGBBIIVCHIDCTIICBG/

Followed by:
/r/Foodforthought/
/r/ArtisanVideos/
/r/bestof/
/r/ADHD/

[rofl.gif]

Thought Moslems didn’t drink wine.

We’re still drinking with our friends. Everything seems to taste like Purel though.