What Biggio Hamina Wine are you Drinking Today?

Enjoying the 2016 Biggio Hamina Noel Vineyard.

Tasted on day 3. Still holding together nicely. Not fading. Sour crunchy raspberry fruit. Great persistence on the palate. Some spicy tannins. Some high tones on the mid-palate provide complexity. Medium plus finish and doesn’t fade. A very nice effort. 92 points.

Picked up my daughter at Linfield on Sunday. Her college is going to online. Was able to stop by and see Todd and pickup a few wines. Our family always enjoys our visits with Todd.

Very nice to see you and the whole family again last Sunday. I wish us all luck with the new online college education.

Oh, I’ll play.

Let me find something for tomorrow.

I got a close out deal on a case of the '13 Noel a few years back and have a few left, so opened one. Very pleasant.
92 points
2/8/2020 Medium ruby with a garnet shading, ripe fruited nose, chewy tart tannins. Medium body, light fruit, not austere, but well balanced and drinking nicely now.

Thanks Dennis! Perhaps the next Mystery Box recipient will get a 13 Noel, or an 08 Zenith…

• 2015 Biggio Hamina Cellars Pinot Noir Estate Vineyard Claygate - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Ribbon Ridge (3/24/2020)
    This was part of a “Mystery 6 Pack” from Todd. Not decanted. Expressive nose jumps out with bright red fruit. A kiss of vanilla blew off quickly. The palate is awesome with instantly-mothwatering acidity and brightness in the bruised cherry, apple skin, and spice. Long finish. Great wine. Drink now with pleasure, but this will likely get even better with time. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks Brandon! Claygate vineyard is in the Ribbon Ridge AVA and is on marine sedimetary soils. The wine is completely destemmed and sees no new wood.

Any and all of you. Repeat offenders will get an additional 10% off from now on until mid May (ish… when shipping season ends). Thank you.

Todd - I already drank through the delicious Zenith from 2010 and only have a case of 2015 Holmes Gap I grabbed local(ish) from Macarthur’s in DC. I’ve been staring at the 2015? Any advice? Decant? PnP?

PnP on the 15 HG as it is good to go!

We finished off what I believe is our last bottle, a 2007 Deux Vert that was discovered digging around in boxes, not organizing cellar. No real sign it’s 13 years old from color. Nose is really pretty with bright red fruits and white flowers. Palate still feels like 6 or 7 years old, cranberry, red cherry and nice lick of acid keeps it fresh. Really delicious when having a glass with pork loin chops and curry potato hash.

I still have a couple left and finished one off the other night. Held up well over the years. Love the screw top as it takes me up to a week to finish off a bottle these days.

I finished all the reds from my mystery box. My wife doesn’t like Riesling so it’s more difficult to dispatch that one with shelter-in-place.

I would have guessed Todd’s Riesling was German if I had done a blind tasting. It had some of the petrol notes that I have not seen in other domestic versions.

Thanks Brian. The 10 Riesling comes from the original planting in 1974 from Amity vineyards. It’s all spontaneous ferment (native/uninoculated/wild/whatever you want to call it, but I say spontaneous as I really don’t know what any of the wines start off with) and gets hours of skin contact in the press. Then we keep it on the original heavy solids for over 18 months. It is technically dry at 0.0 RS and undergoes complete malolactic fermentation, which is good because I don’t own a filter (nothing gets filtered). I knew right away I was making vin de garde with this wine too. I’m cool with that as I am quite curious to where these wines will go. Pretty much everything I make is an experiment done without a control. Glad you liked it.