TN: 2017 Giuseppe E Figlio Mascarello Langhe Nebbiolo

Isolation drinking continues. Have a few of these, so thought I’d take an early look.

• 2017 Giuseppe E Figlio Mascarello Langhe Nebbiolo - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Langhe DOC (3/22/2020)
    Very light, translucent red right now. Fragrant, with violet and red fruit and wild herb. Palate is light bodies, but so much presence. Vibrant red fruit and an umami essence that makes you want to drink more. Fun catching this in its youthful joy right now.

Posted from CellarTracker

Evocative note, Dennis. I can almost taste it.

Love that color.

[cheers.gif] Thanks! Good wine. Be well!

Looks great…we had an Elio Grasso Langhe Nebbiolo 2014 last night. These wines can offer great value and Nebbiolo charm. Will scoop up a Mascarello next time I see one. Thanks Dennis.

Right on, Kris. Langhe Nebbiolos have become a go-to for me for value, earlier drinking, reliability and charm. Never really paid them (or other Italian wines) much attention until a couple years ago and now I am all in. Cheers.

The Grasso version is a pretty cool view of Barolo as it comes from young vines in Rüncot, then is aged entirely in stainless steel so you get a transparent view of Barolo with no wood influence.