FYI: Gramercy Cellars Deal

Interesting development and probably first of many. Received an email this afternoon from Gramercy Cellars in WA state offering a 6-pk of their wines at a bargain(?) price. For $150, delivery included they are offering: 1 2019 Rose, 1 Lower East Syrah, 1 Lower East Cabernet Sauvignon, 1 “Inigo Montoya” Tempranillo, 1 Columbia Valley Syrah, and 1 Mystery Wine from their library. I presume the two Lower East wines are either usually offered to on premise or sold at the winery. But for $25 a bottle, it appears to be a great deal.

I’ll be supporting Greg. Great wines, great people, great deal.

This is a very smart deal, both for Greg and for whoever buys the package.

Fantastic producer, love their wines (although I haven’t all of these).

-Al

++1

Everything I’ve had from Gramercy has been fantastic, if it wasn’t such a bitch to get 6 bottles of wine back to Canada even in the best of times I’d be all over this.

Thanks for the heads up, have a 6 pack on the way!

Great deal.

The Lower East wines are intended to be only in the distribution channels, to give restaurants a way to put Gramercy on their list for a reasonable price.

Has anyone tasted the Lower East that could offer a view versus the mailing list labels?

The 2015 Lower East Syrah was quite good, probably a bit more approachable than the regular appellation Syrah.

-Al

Ship them to me in Seattle, if I drink them I will send you detailed tasting notes so you don’t miss the experience or excitement.

I couldnt expect you to go through all that on my behalf, maybe I can ship them to Phenol55 and I could share one with you once the border opens again.

Thanks Steve! Ordered :slight_smile:

This is about a $50 retail savings

I’ve been ordering 3-6 bottles of the the Lower East since the 2011 vintage. The Syrah (formerly a Southern Rhone Blend) has been good every vintage and drinks well right away but is even better after a year in the cellar. The Cab has been a little less consistent based on quality of the vintage, never bad just not at the same quality level as the Syrah/GSM blend, in my opinion.

The Lower East are more approachable early than their other wines and they have really good complexity and nuance for a $20 bottle but you’re not getting the same as the $35+ bottles. Gramercy is one of my favorite producers and I feel like everything I’ve had from them punches above its price point.

If anybody isn’t familiar with the style, I would think somebody that likes Ridge would like Gramercy.

Got the 6 pack on Friday, the Mystery wine was the 11 Walla Walla Syrah, great service from Robbie, and all around lots of win here. Had the 14 IM last night with a Pagliacci (Local Seattle Pizza Chain, great pies) – took a little sting out of all the social distancing.

2014 Gramercy Cellars Tempranillo Inigo Montoya - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Walla Walla Valley (3/29/2020)
P&P but I had the cork out for 4 hrs or so. Dark blackberries carry a smokey edge with a light touch of vanilla that adds textural richness. Surprising light (perhaps not considering the producer) on its feet and good closing acidity. Should hold if needed but this rearing and ready to go. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die! (92 points)

Got my 6 pack today and my mystery wine is the 2011 Alder Ridge Vyd Grenache.

My 6 pack just arrived and my mystery wine is the 2010 Estate Syrah. Pretty happy with my purchase.

Wow. Mystery wine is 2008 pinot from Willamette Valley. Didn’t even know it existed.