TN: 2018 Bedrock Pato Vineyard Red Blend Contra Costa

TN: 2018 Bedrock Pato Vineyard Red Blend Contra Costa: Dark and brooding, plummy, notions of fetish leather and whips. It has a full grip and even hints of pleasant bitterness towards end. I think it has some longer maceration, as I can kind of feel that grape skin grip. It’s funny, because it feels like a much more evolved version of one of my wines (that’s still in barrell because it’s just a little too tannic and I’m waiting for it to calm down and it doesn’t seem to want to…). Mine is a Portuguese grape and this has a lot of that rustic vibe as well. If Morgan is reading this - any Portuguese varieties in the field blend?

Overall really nice, bigger wine. Here’s when this wine would be perfect: imagine it’s autumn, you’re coming in to your stone cottage from a cold walk in the Cotswolds with your wet Alsatian dog, where a fire is roaring and your friends have been preparing a thick meat stew all day. Or perhaps a hearty Shephers’s Pie. Your choice was either a Guinness or wine - you chose the wine. This wine. 90-91pts

EDIT: After about 1hr decant, it’s a little softer and more round, but still conforming to initial description.