March Wine Consumption

Perusing Cellartracker it looks like we have opened more bottles out of the cellar this month than in any month since March of 2013 and there are still 4 days to go! Not surprised. With business travel curtailed there are way more nights in the month where the cellar beckons.

Tom

For home consumption, this March has topped all previous months ever and still going. We’re opening at least a bottle per night, sometimes two. Usually, I take off a few days from time to time, but not now. It’s actually been a treat to explore the cellar and diversify the selections according to food pairings and just drinking a wine of preference. Whereas I may have had some trepidation when buying certain wines, I’m very grateful now for having made those decisions and we are drinking really well.

May you all as well.

Cheers,
Blake

It’s a slow month for us in terms of consumption because we’re not entertaining. In normal months, we’ll have people over on average once a week. Also, with the gyms closed, it’s impossible for me to get the volume of exercise I’m used to, so I’ve been trying to keep alcohol to a weekend-only thing. With all the anxiety and stress, I know my sleep is better on non-drinking nights, even if my waking hours suffer. :slight_smile:

+1 on all of this.

My March consumption has tanked after cutting back starting in Dec., so far only a handful of bottles, but some damn fine ones. Vinous influence on my sleep is and has been rather problematic for years while I was in denial.
At this point in my life and ITB career I have some cool wines to drink, or sell depending upon how much more I cut back which which runs so disappointingly against what I had envisioned and planned for all those years.
Iso time would have been perfect for serious cooking and juice, bummer!
Drink some of your good stuff folks!

A tick higher, but November/December tend to be highest for me, mainly because of providing wine for Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year and related events.

Way way up.
No operating equals more wine

I am on the one a day diet. Sometimes it’s proceeded by a cocktail

My March consumption is down from the last several years. Opened 20 bottles. I attribute that to the inability to socialize with others and an absence of offlines. Interestingly, my Q1 purchases are on par with prior years. I thought with more time on my hands, they might have gone up. There is still time. There are still 4 days left counting today.

Way down. Not smoking pot either. This wasn’t exactly a conscious choice, but I’m just not reaching out for each one. But opening a nice burg tonight.

I think this would be the trend, since less human interaction, less business meetings to drink at, less festive atmosphere.

Wine consumption has felt pretty far down for me this month. This has definitely felt like a bourbon-is-needed month for me. but actually, because of a couple of special nights that we snuck in with friends before everything hit the fan, id say im about even in wine consumption

Pretty much on par. A bottle a night between the two of us, rarely much more. It doesn’t always get finished either.

the keto didn’t help, either. I’m on call, so no alcohol for 2 weeks but even before that I just didn’t have the drive to open much of anything. And I’ve bought absolutely nothing, driven by income reduction and the realization that I have enough.

Officially done with keto for the season! I came within 1.5 lbs of my minimum/goal weight, and decided I was just fine where I was. So it’s maintenance now, which is almost the same, just with wine when I want it and 1 or 2 meals a week with carbs. I am in ketosis most of the week, slipping out when I have carbs, then back in usually by the next morning. I consider that kind of metabolic flexibility to be ideal. The 2+ months has certainly reduced my alcohol tolerance, though!

I’m not really interested in serious wines right now, I find. I’m opening the vinous equivalent of comfort food.

Dupe