Buying, selling or keeping out of the wine market?

Keeping away for the most part, but will buy if it looks like a really good deal, and of course, is something I want. So far, it is just Trapet and Champagne.

Out, unless a steal & I want.

Watching the world go by

On thing that struck me today, got yet another emailer today from a well known retailer touting a $300 wine. This retailer has had quite a few emailers back to back with very very high-end wines, as if nothing is going on in the universe or with our economy.

Out for now.
Waiting for tax bill and news about employment for next year.

Already had too much wine for a normal life expectancy.

Out for now, but part of that is a function of already having 18 Burgundy, Rhône and Loire and 19 Tempier Rose out of the way.

Only buying from a few restaurant holders I know well that have offered some wine. Impulse buys definitely much lower.

Keeping my powder dry. But I’m keeping an eye out for deals and will buy when the price is right.

Yes, keeping an eye out for deals, though it’s too easy to convince myself I found one and buy more wine that I don’t need or want. As to what Robert said, other than sales–free shipping, 10% off and so on–US retailers seem not to have come down out at all. On the other hand, BV Vins, out of Switzerland, from which I know some retailers in the US source, everyday has been sending out revised price lists on their stock, all of which is now selling for less.

Out for now.

Buying, but only if price is right…aka a real deal.

For example: Got an email from Schramsberg. Maybe because we had to cancel our tour last week, killer deal, will be buying.

On the flip side Futo offered there 2017 Oakville Estate like nothing is going on. $1050 3 pack. :face_with_monocle::-1:t2:

Credit to Vice Versa. Decided to postpone their offering for at least a month. “ We feel priorities should be elsewhere right now, and don’t want to burden you during a difficult time.“
#TheyGetIt

Out for now.

still selectively buying

[cheers.gif]

Too busy doing nothing house bound to buy wine

I have been cutting way back on buying for the last two years (too old with too much wine and wine prices have gotten silly) and probably will be cutting back even more this year. That said, if I see a good price on 2008 CdC I probably will buy some and may buy a couple of other producers I buy regularly. Wake me up if there are good deals - have not seen any yet and it will take huge drops in wine prices just to get back to semi reasonable.

You know people aren’t buying when I got offers for wine I never have before. DRC and Leroy. And no, I’m not buying.

Buying very selectively. Bought a case of Keenan Merlot for 50% off. My wife loves the wine and the price was really good. Easy call there! Not currently buying anything on the high-end as I think there is going to be some downward pressure on prices.

Ed

Buying. I never sell and I keep out only when I am too busy to buy. The main change is that I am thinking about buying for our main home instead of our relatively new lake house because we cannot travel there in the near future and we are consuming more than usual. My main problem is that I have had so many problems with retail stores and auction houses (including the one you used recently) that there are few places where I am willing to buy on line.

Selectively buying. Never sold. Ever.