TN: Rivers Marie Platt Vineyard PN 2018

I could have easily rated this 100. I only got one bottle and couldn’t wait to try it. Explosive nose jumps out of the glass. Dark as night. Probably would never guess pinot just on the looks. On the palate there is a good dose of oak, sweet vanilla, intense blackberry, incredibly complex, you just want to keep coming back for more. Too bad there was so little of this to go around and thankful I got to try it. But if you could keep this for 20 years or more you would probably be even more amazed. Paired with grilled salmon and cilantro butter sauce. Wanted to keep some to try the next day but couldn’t stop.

Thanks for taking one for the team!

Almost opened one of these when shippers were sitting by front door and I simply said “grab a Sonoma Coast Pinot and we’ll try it.” First bottle out of the box was the Platt, second was summa Old Vines after asking to take the Platt back and grab one that said Sonoma Coast. SIL is not ever allowed in cellar now.

Appreciate the note.

Sounds great, and thanks for the note. Wasn’t expecting to see one on this bottling for awhile and it’s great to have the early intel on it.

I look forward to opening my 2018. Thanks for adding tor the discussion about it above.

I’d remind people though that what is being lost in the discussion because of the high score on thee 2018…is the 2017. For my palate, the best CA Pinot Noir I tasted last year. No one talks much about the 2017, yet for me a really special bottle of PN.