COVID19 wine consumption

I thought my wine consumption (on Cellartracker) would be up significantly in March, but it’s only up a little bit… and I realized… it’s because I’m not sharing with friends. : (

I AM consuming a good bit more personally, but since I’m only sharing with my wife (who doesn’t drink much), my cellar drawdown is actually not that much higher than normal.

That said, I’m more willing than before to go ahead and drink “the good stuff” myself rather than saving for future occasions. And it has made me happy.

How you doin?

I hate to think how much money I have been drinking the last few weeks

Consumption definitely up.

I tell myself it’s already the weekend today.

Down. Instead of opening a nice bottle (or two), I’ll coravin a glass from a cellar defender. I figure now’s a good time to eat healthier and have an immune system in better shape

Same as usual…no changes

Here in the Bay Area alcohol consumption up 42%…

Alcohol Sales Surged by 55 Percent Last Week Amid Coronavirus Pandemic

Wine sales reportedly increased by 66 percent…

Up, definitely up.

Consumption is probably about even. Making nicer meals since tons of time on my hands, so drinking better quality, but nobody is coming over, so the bigger nights of drinking are out.

The wife is having tons of wine and chat zoom sessions with her friends.

Up. We’ve been having more wine with dinner, and I’ve got my two college boys back home, along with my wife and HS senior daughter, who is a very astute taster!

Definitely up.

I have 12 and 15 year old kids, and we drive my son a decent distance and back twice most nights for his baseball workouts, so we can’t drink much, nor do we have much time to relax and enjoy it. Right now, it’s a great time to share some good bottles.

I’m not getting plowed or anything, just enjoying good wines and able to relax.

We’re definitely drinking more wines that I would think of as special…but only wines that I don’t want to share with a friend, or a bottle we have more of to share later.

Consumption is definitely up

Up. What else am I going to do? I’m spending discretionary income on nothing else at this point. Two vacations cancelled. Might as well eat and drink well.

Way up. No restaurant, accommodation and staff to worry about at night. More red than white.

Yep. And that means buying will pick up once this disappears. Probably more gradual, as our life eases back to normal…

Cheers,
JP

Way up. The Quarantine Relief forum is a godsend, I am still locked out of my offsite, and probably will be until May at the earliest (although at some point they have to let us in!) Just opened bottle 2, I guess we are now having 2-fer-Tuesdays at our house. Probably not a good thing. I am exercising way more now, and getting to spend more time with the family, so that’s good.

Communist.

My wife and I are drinking about the same as normal, but the mix has shifted more to wines that go with light fare and salads.

Total number of bottles opened has been cut drastically, as we are not hosting family and friends dinners, nor any tasting gatherings.