TN: 2010 Novy Family Wines Syrah Rosella's Vineyard

• 2010 Novy Family Wines Syrah Rosella’s Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Lucia Highlands (4/2/2020)
    5 years since my last note and sadly my last 2010 (of 9 total) in the cellar. Wow, this wine is still drinking so good, screwcap PnP. Strong smoke, herbs and earth notes followed by ripe black and blue fruits. Still has a strong acid streak supporting all the flavors for a long finish. I have really enjoyed following this wine for the last 6-7 years. Still have some other vintages left that I will have to open soon.

Posted from CellarTracker

Love the screw cap!

Funny. I had my last one of these last week. Breaks my heart that Adam doesn’t make these anymore.

I just checked my cellartracker and I have a 2008, a 2009 and 2 2011’s left, may be interesting to open one of each for a side by side.

I still have a single bottle of 2006 in my cellar, and as my final bottle of Novy I own, I’m kind of attached to it. Just waiting for the right event to open it, which probably will be a blind format. I always thought Rosella’s was the most unique of the plots up there in the SLH.

Thanks for the note, as it’s a fond reminder of a set of wines I loved so much.

The 07s are/were the last ones for me; wish I had saved a couple. They have the grapefruit characteristics which are so unusual in a syrah; wonder what was planted on that land in bygone days.

Rosella’s has a distinct terroir, in part that grapefruit which was so distinctive. It was (still is?) also very prominent in Garys’.

Novy…blast from the past! Haven’t had one in 10yrs? Still have a bottle of 2000 Page Nord, 2002 Rosella’s, and mag of 1998 Sonoma County Syrah!