TN: 2008 Domaine Henri Boillot Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos de la Mouchère

• 2008 Domaine Henri Boillot Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos de la Mouchère - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru (4/3/2020)
    Popped and poured into Riedel vinum burgundy stems. Served at first a little too cold since we only decided late in the evening to open another bottle. Even too cold this hit me like the one big wave the knocks you over after an hour of jumping over the small ones. My lord what a beautiful nose! All full of white flowers and white peaches and savory pastry dough and do I detect a tiny touch of mint? It was voluptuous in the mouth, especially when it warmed up a bit, with a creaminess along the edges that almost had me smacking my lips like a cartoon character. There’s still a touch of oak signature, but it’s part of a nice framing structure, not an overlay, and the acid is so on point that you don’t at all care about the touch of wood. This is an emotional wine, when it’s clean, with its own unique character. 2008 is the oldest vintage I have left now, as I started drinking up my older bottles more quickly when premox started showing up. This '08 was nearly as good as the best '01s and '02s I had back in their day. The only white burgundy I still buy in every vintage despite it all.

Posted from CellarTracker

I had the '10 Mouchere two days ago and it mostly mirrored your '08 with maybe a bit of reduction on opening. Great wine year in and year out, but sadly with the premox issues, '09 is my oldest bottle of this.

Sarah. I have had a little oxidation with my 08 Clos de la Moucheres. When the wine is sound, it will knock your socks off. Great note.

you’re drinking again! Great note and it allows you to buy one more bottle in April and still not be positive on the count. This is an annual purchase for me and usually g cru level. A Jerry Hey recommendation long ago.

Lol - we’ve been drinking on weekends since the beginning of March, I just haven’t posted notes. If I can keep Jonathan under control, April should be a good month. :slight_smile:

6 - 12 of the Mouchere every year for us. I think it’s the only non-Riesling white we buy every vintage.