TN: 2009 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Vide Bourse

Fortunately, the wine was not “vide.” It had a lovely nose, with a hint of characteristic matchstick, and, not surprisingly for the vintage, in the mouth, a notably sweet core of white fruit, as well as a lick of oak. A little chalk is also present—essentially a baby Batard. (The vineyard is right below that GC.) It could easily rest longer. A crazy buy at what it appears to be selling for now, but purchased on release, it’s a steal and a treat. (Great pairing with lobster, which is what we did.) (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I recently had dinner with PYC and his wife and his 2009 Batard was poured. Pierre-Yves said that 2009 is turning out better than most expected and it was the case with this bottle compared to the 2008 which was also poured along side. I wish I hadn’t gone through my stash quite so quickly but they were so good even early on.

Thanks for the note. I was allocated a decent whack of '13 Vide(s) Bourse and it has proven to be a very fine wine in the context of the vintage, although quite skinsy and phenolic so not for everyone. However the price at the time was great.

Awesome.

I had a 2010 PCYM VB last year and absolutely loved it. This site is relatively unknown and as you stated right beside a GC plot! The 10 was firing on all cylinders and rally impressed.

Glad you enjoyed.

Cheers!

Thomas Morey makes an excellent version too.

Good to know, Jeremy,
About the Thomas Morey,
And also fun to hear from PYCM himself–thanks, Jerry. (Dinner with them must have been cool.)
I’m all out of Vide(s) Bourse but have a deepish vertical of Les Chevenottes, as well as some of the St. Aubin’s, so I’ll have to start on these. (I’ve never had any of his GC, but enjoy reading your folks and others’ notes