TN: 2015 Cadence Tapteil (USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Red Mountain)

• 2015 Cadence Tapteil - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Red Mountain (4/5/2020)
    Decanted 3 hrs. Having just had the 14 Grand Puy Lacoste a few days ago, I can say without hesitation the nose on this is a dead ringer for a young Left Bank. Cedar, sweet cassis, flowers and more than subtle touch of earth, most enjoyable. In making this a comparison themed note, certainly more dense than its Bordeaux cousins, it nonetheless sports a classic medicinal black cherry profile that while certainly being ripe, never comes across as sweet. Love the mix of cab sav and cab franc here, perfectly playing off each other, with the franc adding savory notes To the party. Balanced, and very fresh, this is quite an accomplishment for a 15 from Red Mt. Scorching hot site, scorching hot vintage. While this is rewarding early drinking this will be a beauty in 5 to 10 years. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

For me, there’s a characteristic and idiosyncratic cherry note in Tapteil (perhaps it’s your medicinal black cherry note comment), and sometimes a few other red mountain wines, that can help you a lot in blind tastings. I’ve never found it elsewhere in Washington.

Just got a blast from full pull, 16 Tapteil and Ciel for 37.99 , 17 Coda for 22.99.

Might be the best deal going for domestic, cellar worthy, Bordeaux based wines. Buy with confidence.