TNs: Crunchy Red Fruit Burgundies

Opened over the last few weeks from producers I adore.

2015 Jouan Coteaux Bourguignons: Fresh raspberry, red fruit, rose petals, very juicy. There is slight backbone to this wine that is well livened by the acids. Jouan nailed it in 2015!

2016 Laurent Ponsot Bourgogne Cuvée des Peupliers: New négoce line up by Ponsot with the silly plastic cork. This was like drinking pomegranate juice, so light and pure. Silky soft, tannins are resolved. This is how a Bourgogne should taste like. Super delicious!

2012 Bertheau Chambolle Charmes: Very bright ruby red in color, smells of roses and red berries, hint of minerality. Gentle on the palate, that evolves and lifts over time. Unmistakably Chambolle in character. Bravo!

2010 Hudelot Noellat Clos Vougeot: Upon pulling the cork, the aromas leapt out of the bottle. Red fruit, super crunchy, excellent concentration, incredible refinement. A finish that goes on for every. As close to a musigny as one would get.

1995 Millot Echzeaux: 25 yr old wine that is still brimming with crunchy red fruit, rose and hint of leather. So complex and intricate on the nose with interplay of primary and secondary notes. The wines just glides on the palate, silky texture and exceptional length. Wine is deceptively light. This is why I love burgundy!

What, no Fourrier with that title?

Thanks for the notes. Need to try Jouan one of these days.

Subu, I think we have similar preferences when it comes to Burgs. Unfortunately, I’m drinking much less now with the stay at home situation. Thanks for the great notes!

Nice set of producers.

There’s that word again. Crunchy

Ethan, just drinking whats around at home. Couldn’t locate a Fourrier, but yes he does belong in the red fruit camp. So would Ramonet, was tempted to open a 2017 Chassange Clos St Jean.

[cheers.gif]

Howard, if only I had verticals of Truchot lined up in my cellar!

I’ve heard this adjective when talking about red wine. To the OP, when you say “crunchy”, what does that mean? Or I guess to anyone else where the word crunchy comes to mind when describing red wine, what do you mean by “crunchy”? newhere

Gabe,

To me its good acidity, lower pH that exhibits lightness, freshness and refreshing while enjoying the wine.

JM Millot?

Yup, not sure if there are more Millot’s in CdN.

I tasted their 2015 Suchots at a tasting seminar and it was fantastic. Picked up a few old ones to explore and the style seems light extraction, very little new oak, with bright red fruits. More like Bertheau, Jouan and right in my wheelhouse.

[cheers.gif]

Nice set of wines Subu.

I had a few Dujacs this weekend with great crunchy red fruit

That Ramonet is SO good. It is the definition of crunchy red fruit. Excellent choice.

Don, I think you and I are the biggest missionaries for Red Chassagne on this board. Hopefully, we are enlisting Subu to the cause.

Noted. Sounds delicious, and well described!

I’ve found the Ramonets to be more ethereal than the others. The Boudriotte is also a little darker fruited than the csj, to me. The 13 csj has nice crunchy fruits and was $39 from nyww until recently.

Interestingly I had an 09 of that a few weeks ago and it was not at all crunchy red fruit. Vintage playing a big role I imagine.