Drinking window for '01 Redigaffi?

I was lucky enough to recently procure what looks to be a pristine bottle of 2001 Tua Rita Redigaffi. What’s the recommended drinking window for Redigaffi generally, and the 2001 specifically? I like aged wine, but I still want there to be some good fruit in there. I’ve seen notes here on WB for several 2004 recently and a 1999, all of which were singing apparently but notes frequently said they could age even more. TIA

Had a bottle of 01 last month and It was beautiful with a 60 minute decant. Better than the Masseto sitting next to it…

Thanks, Carlos.

Interestingly, just last week I pulled out my lone bottle of '01, assuming it was likely ready to drink. I set it in my pile of wines ready to be consumed sometime in the next couple of months, whenever the mood (and meal, company and circumstances) strikes me…

Please post a TN when you do open it, John! This is a singleton for me, too.

Think your drinking window is 5pm - 8pm any evening this week.

champagne.gif

I can make that work. Likely Thursday. I’ll post here on the results.

Drank my ‘01 on Saturday night. Amazing nose from the first pour. Dark in color and almost impenetrable by light. My biggest initial surprise is at how unevolved and primary the wine shows. There is no real hint of its almost 20 years in bottle. Quite delicious, with concentrated dark fruits and spice, and a nice herbal element…but with a slightly off putting burnt creosote/char flavor on the long finish giving just enough bitterness to take away from the otherwise seamless balance of the wine. No hints of any over ripeness, or alcohol, the wine is well balanced. For those wanting to open it now, it is plenty expressive and drinkable, though if I only had one bottle, I would continue to hold for another 6-7 years in hopes that the toasty/bitter element dissipates and that the spicy fruit itself transitions away from its (delicious) primary character to something a bit softer. As an FYI, I see very little risk that this wine could go downhill with additional age, and my guess is that it will not only benefit from moderate additional aging, but will actually “last” for a long, long time. 94 points.

Great note, John, thank you!