TN: California and Oregon PN - Ceritas and Vincent

Had these two recently. Ceritas is an old favorite, Vincent is new for me and count me impressed!

2015 Ceritas Pinot Noir Hacienda Secoya Vineyard Anderson Valley

Nice cherry herbal nose. Black cherry fruit. Fruit is sweet (not the wine) and concentrated. Herbal, earthy-soil and rosy notes add to the complexity. Good acidity and a bit of ripe tannin complete the profile. Drinking well now but a few more years will bring this closer to being in the “zone”.

2018 Vincent Wine Company Pinot Noir Ribbon Ridge Vineyard

Seeing Vincent’s contributions to the wine boards over the years and hearing the glowing remarks regarding his wines, I finally ordered some and had my first. What the hell took me so long :slight_smile:.

Upon opening had a slight prickly sensation on the tongue (maybe a bit undissolved CO2) which dissipated. Bright red and black fruit profile with a pretty red raspberry note sticking out. Fruit is ripe and juicy, not overdone in any way. Floral and spice (clove) notes are present yet the minerality shines through and is also impressive. Very nice acid structure, the wine is obviously young but certainly friendly enough to enjoy now. Finished the bottle the next day and the wine was every bit as good as day 1. Silly good value at $22.00 a bottle (Pre Release). Well done, thanks Vincent!

2015 Ceritas Pinot Noir Hacienda Secoya Vineyard
IMG_20200221_184622.jpg
2018 Vincent Pinot Noir Ribbon Ridge Vineyard
IMG_20200403_180233.jpg

Tom,
That Vincent bottling is my go to but I haven’t had my wine shipped yet so I appreciate the snapshot.
FWIW, I have had a couple bottles of the 2018 Chardonnay Tardive and found the same CO2 element, so perhaps that’s typical for this producer. As you say, it dissipates quickly (and bodes well for the future).
Best, Jim

Thanks Jim, first Vincent wine for me but certainly not the last.

Tom