TN: 2012 Beringer Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Knights Valley

• 2012 Beringer Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Knights Valley - USA, California, Sonoma County, Knights Valley (4/8/2020)
    In a great spot now. Some bottles need time to open up and some not. I’m drinking the last couple this year. I should have waiting for all of them to reach this age instead of drinking any earlier This one was ready to go. Beautiful deep garnet color. Classic cab nose. And super delicious. Can be drunk solo or do it with some protein. With the bottle time smoothing it out I find it pairs really well with aged cheese. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice note…For years I regarded this bottling as awesome quality for the money…

It is quality for money. Being in Canada with our pathetic economy and dollar I don’t buy much US wine any more. Especially CA cabs. Not the good ones anyway. So I buy the NV when on sale and put them away for a while.

Do you feel its not the same value these days? I pay $20 US on average when on sale.

That’s a great tasting note.

I have long term affection for Berringer cabs.

Someone mentioned in a previous thread that the BKV really went downhill after this vintage due to losing their primary vineyard source. Haven’t tried one since.

Yeah, I haven’t tried a vintage post-2012.

interesting. I have one 2013 and nothing after that. I was thinking of getting back in to buying more but not until I try this 2013. If its true, I’ll have to find another low cost good CA cab.

2016 is on lastbottlewines.com for $30