Astounding customer service: Turley (literally) goes the extra mile

As a fan and pretty regular buyer of Turley, I didn’t think twice when ordering a six pack of wine from them a few months ago during their Spring release. I asked them to hold it at the winery, which I usually do, since it gives me an excuse to travel up to the Amador area, and saves on shipping as well.
Well, you know the story, no winery open houses, tastings, or anything going on right now.
So, I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and said that, since we don’t know when they are going to reopen, they should just ship it to me.
Well, a few days ago, I get a call from an employee at the winery (sorry, cannot recall her name). She said, “We are wondering if you would be OK with us delivering it to your house instead?“
I had to pause for a second and think about whether I’d heard her correctly, before asking her, “Uh, you know my house is about 40 miles from the winery, right?”
She acknowledged that, and said that they are trying to get the wine out to their customers in the region as soon as possible, and they were going to be doing several deliveries in my area.
The wine literally showed up on my front porch today, delivered by an extremely nice woman named Allison.
As everyone here knows, Turley is a “big name,“ with an allocated mailing list, and no intrinsic financial need to extend themselves to this degree. It’s a real testament to them that they were willing to do this. Toasting them with a glass of (extremely delicious) 2018 Juvenile right now.

Nice to recognize a winery that goes that extra step. I will say that Ridge did the same with my Monte Bello futures purchase this year… delivered directly to my front door for free. Nice that we have such good wineries in the neighborhood.

Not a winery, but Vintage Wine Merchants in San Jose also asked me if they could deliver an order and my stuff they were holding.

Good to hear that numerous wineries/sellers are doing this. In my experience, most folks in the wine business are genuinely good people.