Desire Lines Wines reviewed by AG (Vinous)

Secret is out!

For those in the know the scores should be no surprise. Great wines at very reasonable prices. Cody and Emily are really nice people to boot and the recognition is much deserved. Congrats!! [cheers.gif]

Cole Ranch Riesling
2018 - 94
2017 - 93
2016 - 94

Mourvedre Experimental Series No. 2 - Fred’s Home Block
2018 - 93

Red Wine Evangelho Vineyard
2018 - 92

Syrah Griffin’s Lair Vineyard
2016 - 93
2015 - 90

Syrah Shake Ridge Ranch
2018 - 92

Cabernet Sauvignon Lichau Hill Vineyard
2018 - 90

Can’t recommend them highly enough. If you’re not already on their mailing list, go signup at https://desirelineswines.com/

Very nice! One thing for sure, they are tapping superb vineyards and Cody, a winemaker to watch, takes excellent care of these grapes. AG seems to be spot on.

The DL enterprise is fortunate to have Emily at the helm, I work with her (on a different project) and she is the best!

Hooray! These are such favorites of mine … nice to see them recognized!

Interesting, will definitely have to try the Riesling.

Great for Cody and a Emily. If you aren’t on the list, get on now, it’s delicious stuff.

The Cole Ranch Riesling is silly-good for the price. Got a bottle of the Griffin’s Lair hibernating for later and can’t wait to open it. Highly recommend these wines.

I picked up a 2016 and 2017 Shake Ridge Syrah last week. Ditto on the Rasmussen’s! Super nice people.

Haven’t seen mention yet of an exciting release today by Desire Lines, a Supplemental Release similar to Bedrock’s.
Not only a chance to pick up the (not previously released) Experimental Wine #1 (a 2014 Syrah), but also another
shot at some previously released wines including Experimental Wines #2 and the last two released Griffin’s Lair
vintages …and some Cole Ranch, Evangehlo and Shake Ridge too. Cody and Emily are also doing some very nice community support with the proceeds from the sale of the
Experimental Wine #1:
“We will be donating 50% of the sales from this wine to two charity organizations that we feel strongly about – the Restaurant Workers Community Foundation and UndocuFund Sonoma County. Additionally, we’ve set aside 20 cases to share with some of our favorite restaurant partners, at cost, to help them get back on their feet and cash-flow positive once quarantine measures are lifted.”
Very nice people, excellent wines at a terrific price, if you aren’t on the mailing list, now’s the time

Release is live, how can you resist wines this good at these prices? My order:
2 2014 Desire Lines Experimental Series #1: ‘The Gift’ Syrah Eaglepoint Ranch Syrah, Mendocino
$30.00 each

3 2016 Desire Lines Griffin’s Lair Syrah Petaluma Gap
$42.00 each

2 2018 Desire Lines Cole Ranch Riesling Cole Ranch
$22.00 each

2 2018 Desire Lines Experimental Series #2: Fred’s Home Block Mourvèdre Contra Costa County
$28.00 each

As always with Desire Lines, I shoulda outa bought more…

Great people and great wine, and this time a great cause.

Thanks for posting on this - I didn’t know the offering was today, but seeing this made me jump and order. Some really interesting wines and grape sources here. Looking forward to trying a few!!

Placed my first order earlier this morning. Big fan of the Bedrock Evangelho, so signed up last month when I saw they were making wine from there too. Excited to try the others as well. Free delivery in the bay is really nice of them.

Picked up
3x 2014 Desire Lines Experimental Series #1: ‘The Gift’ Syrah Eaglepoint Ranch Syrah, Mendocino
2x 2018 Desire Lines Cole Ranch Riesling Cole Ranch

I cannot wait to taste that Eaglepoint Syrah!!

The Riesling was fantastic in the 2016, and 2017 vintages, so I’ll be picking some of the 2018 up. Great price, and quality.

Never, never, never should I have ordered…but I did.

To give others an idea, we popped open a 2017 Shake Ridge Syrah in honor of this release tonight:

• 2017 Desire Lines Syrah Shake Ridge - USA, California, Sierra Foothills, Amador County (5/12/2020)
    2 hour decant. Translucent dark crimson, slightly lighter than expected. Cranberry and spice on the nose, and a slight floral-ness. Mouthfeel is lighter than expected too, classic Syrah flavors of fat and olive are There but integrated with some other flavors I get from Shake Ridge a lot, particularly nice blue and black fruit. This is delicious but will wait another two years or so to open my next bottle as it’s best years are still to come. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker