Rhone Rangers Zoom Tasting with Tercero & Halcon - Recorded Video Available now

When?
Mark your calendars for April 23rd at 5pmPT / 8pmET.

Who’s doing it?
Wineberserkers presents a spotlight on the Rhone Rangers of California with Paul Gordon from Halcon Vineyards and Larry Shaffer of Tercero Wines.

What are we doing?
Grenache, Mourvdre, Syrah, Viognier, Roussanne, and many more to taste! Maybe a Chateauneuf de Pape and get them all in one glass. Swirl away while Paul and Larry discuss the differences in the climates of North and South and their love and passion for the varietals of southern and northern Rhone. They will take your questions and keep this interactive, entertaining, and educational.

How?
Zoom on Todd’s account!

Giddy up! Wine Spectacular coined the phrase “Rhone Ranger” for a cover shot of Randall Grahm of Bonny Doon Vineyards
Wine_Spectator_1989-04-15_cover_-_The_Rhône_Ranger.jpg

Good work, Brig. Larry and Paul have worked hard in this space to grow, learn and champion wines from their regions. I’ll join.

Really looking forward to this! I’ll work with Paul to compare/contrast varieties we both work with, and time permitting , get into a few others.

My plan is to put together a special WB offer over the weekend for this tasting.

Cheers!

These have been great, looking forward to it!

My special offer has now been posted here:

Cheers!

The Halcon tasting will cover the wines in our BerserkerDay/Quarantine offer (Halcon Rhone Pack - Berserker Quarantine Relief - WineBerserkers) plus 2018 Roussanne. Hopefully some folks picked up the Roussanne in the fall as long sold out (only bottled 27 cases).

Paul

Definitely will tune into this - American Rhone’s been a minor obsession for the past few months and even if I haven’t had the pleasure of trying Halcon or Tercero wines, this’ll be great.

Thanks to all involved for setting it up.

Really quite excited about this tasting. I will be doing so partly in honor of my dad, who passed away late Thurs night at the age of 93, peacefully in his sleep. He loved wine, especially zins. We shared many a bottle of Ridge and Turley together, and I turned him on to Carlisle and he became a huge fan.

Please do tune in and take part - it will be fun . . .

Larry, our thoughts are with you, man. You’ve done a lot of us, for our efforts down here and it sucks you are going through losing your Dad, especially during this time. Jill and I send our best and I’ll look forward to attending your Zoom with Paul on Thursday.

Hang in there.

Will this be taped? I teach starting at 6 PST – I guess I could cancel my class…

Sorry to hear about your dad. Times are tough enough without that too.

Yeah, we’ll have it recorded and I’ll post it back here.

2 day prior to my birthday. Looks really cool!!!

Looking forward to this

Oh great — thanks Brig!

Are you an April 21st guy as well? If so, happy birthday to us! [cheers.gif]

Alright, just had my tutorial as host for this event and zoom operator and passed the “todd test” with flying colors.

we are ready.

we’ll have people share what they’re drinking via chat, Larry and Paul will provide all the important content and you are encouraged to participate and ask questions, just “raise hand” in the zoom app and I’ll unmute you and you’re live with the guys.

Interestingly, I think Paul and Larry sent each other their Berserker Quarantine Offer in an exchange so they can taste and compare the wines. That should be fun.

Don’t worry if don’t have a Tercero or Halcon wine to open, just pull a syrah, grenache, mourvedre, viognier, roussanne, etc. Come for the fun, hang with friends, and learn a little about our favorite Rhone varieties.

See you tomorrow.

If anyone is drinking along I would recommend for our reds to double decant (into decanter, back to bottle) about 8hrs ahead. Keep at cellar temp.
I will double decant the Roussanne 2-3hrs ahead and chill it for an hour in the fridge but OK to pop’n’pour.

Paul

My house is cellar temp!