Executive order temporary revision of the Pobega Rule.

Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, New York Governor Cuomo issued an Executive Order yesterday at the request of the Wine Beer and Spirits Law Committee of the NYS Bar Association granting a three day extension of the Pobega Rule. The text of the EO follows:

WHEREAS, the Pobega Rule requires that, when a case of wine is delivered to a resident of New York, one bottle from the case must be opened before the delivery driver has left the porch; and

WHEREAS, Social Distancing and the importance of assuring that Covid-19 has ceased to be a risk on hard surfaces after three days necessitates a revision of the Pobega rule requirements;

NOW, THEREFORE, in the exercise of my executive authority as Governor of the Great State of New York, I hereby order and declare as follows:

ORDERED, that for the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Pobega rule is hereby extended so that the rule shall be deemed to be satisfied so long as at least three days plus one additional hour elapse between the delivery of the case and the opening of a bottle therein; and it is further

ORDERED, that no resident of the State of New York is authorized to waste high concentration rubbing alcohol to sterilize a recently-delivered bottle in order to consume the bottle in less than 73 hours after delivery.

[rofl.gif]

+1

Nice one!

Shows how cynical I am about US (and Ontario) wine retail and delivery regs I was thinking this was for real, until the last paragraph.

PS who what is / was Pobega?

You mean you have never heard about the grand Poo Bah, Pobega, King of the Cabs? [snort.gif]

New here?

Obviously! Well, new-ish. Going to google…

Isn’t there an FAQ or Glossary somewhere to help newcomers with some of the oldtimers lexicon?

Pobega
Adouze
AFWE
Going full Klapp

Or is it part of the initiation to have to figure it out?

Wow, now do I feel foolish. Not sure how his name hasn’t registered with me,he seems to be quite an active poster. Other than that I’m not a big “Cab” fan (and certainly not a “Big Cab” fan).

Apologies to all, and especially to Mike…

Unexpected benefit though, it did help me fall for it for the conceit a little while until I got to the last paragraph when I did immediately check the date on the post.

So I guess I’m 75% initiated, being already familiar with all but the first.
(Qu. Is “Klapped out” a term of art also?)

You missed Squires. Perhaps deliberate…?
And I forget the term for the “over-enthusiastic” (or was it over-served?) Rudy fanboys Angry Men was it?
And “Dr Conti” itself of course.

If it doesn’t already exist this could be a fun thread on its own.

Superb.
Best, Jim

Not necessary. Have the delivery guy open the box or open them with gloves, ditch the gloves, pull out the bottle, open pour. It would have been days since the bottles were last touched for deliveries to the East Coast, South or Midwest. For those on the West Coast, drink through an N95 mask

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=Mike+pobega&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search