TN: 2012 Ramonet Chassagne Montrachet 1er Clos de la Boudriotte

I had a bottle of this last summer which was good but not great; this was as good as the 13 I loved a couple years back. Intoxicating nose, beautiful pure transparent fruits, silky smooth palate, long complex finish. Dead ringer for top Chambolle. Could get better with a little time in bottle; last bottle of this vintage but I have cases of the 15 and 16 to wait on.

Hell…I think the village stuff is flat out amazing! Would love to get some 1er!

[cheers.gif]

Winecellarage has decent prices on 15-17 on prearrival if you’re willing to buy 6-12 btls. That’s where I got most of mine.

This wine is always delicious, so is Clos St. Jean 1er. Try Niellon too, basically the same.

Love Ramonet’s reds.

I found a couple bottles of the 1992. We drank one last year and it was lovely. Really classy wine.

Nice one Michael. Beautiful stuff.

I have a question about how this bottle is labeled: is this labeled with a Domaine stamp but with Noel Ramonet listed under the appelation? Or does/did Noel make a separate bottling? Thanks.

Why is everything listed as 90-120 days until delivery? Does it really take that long? They have one helluva list with very reasonable prices.

Here’s the label
6038A76E-6941-4AD9-86F5-7FDDA4B192C9.jpeg

It takes awhile; I think the wine is abroad and brought over by container.

Let’s stop discussing these, last bastion of value in Red Burgundy.

1 Like

Pull up the ladders!

This wine has been labeled, in the US at least, in a (surprisingly large) number of different ways depending on importer and year and generation. But AFAIK it’s all from the same plot of domaine-owned 1er Cru vines in Boudriotte.

You guys are enablers. I wasn’t planning to buy 2017 pre-arrivals but I’ve been watching Clos St Jean sell through (gone now), the price was right, and I love his reds. With a little Hudelot-Noellat Vosne as well. Really good $60 wines to drink now or 15-20 years from now.

I’ve heard the Boudriotte bottling is somewhat different from the Clos de la Boudriotte bottling.

Noel and JC are same wine, I believe after 13 or 14 all are JC Ramonet. Hopefully William Kelley will chime in.

There should just be a “Questions for William Kelley” thread, frankly.

17 Hudelot-Noellat Vosne is excellent

I bought some of the whites (non-Clos) from Envoyer and he ran out, swapped with a red (of ‘12 and ‘13), and since I wasn’t impressed with the white, I now look forward to the reds!

Thanks, Michael, and others.
I think my question is still open: Is the bottle Michael pictured the same as the bottle pictured below with a different label? Or a different wine made by Noel from same vineyard?
db4bf0d5-c6e3-46fc-b344-a35697278032.jpg

1 Like