TN: 2016 Mending Wall Petite Sirah Palisades Vineyard

[tease.gif]

• 2016 Mending Wall Petite Sirah Palisades Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley, Calistoga (4/12/2020)
    Ingredients:
    Juice from 2 half frozen bags of Oregon wild blueberries
    3 shovel fulls of hot asphalt
    1 large bag of pea gravel
    1 Quart Castrol 10W-40 Motor Oil
    Dash of Angostura Bitters

Directions:
Place dry ingredients in an upright cement mixer. Slowly add wet ingredients until thoroughly combined.

Serving:
Pour wine into a glass you don’t care about because this wine will stain it beyond repair. Consume by itself or paired with anything off the grill.

Posted from CellarTracker

Ha! Just saw this on CT and smiled. Well done - love these wines!

I recall their Petit Sirah as being the best of their wines - really tremendous

The Campbell brilliance at its best.

[winner.gif]

Brig, she is a raging beast - no doubt!

Love this wine - Robert Frost would have approved!

HA! I plan to do battle with the ‘13 of this bruiser tonight! We’re eying and circling each other warily now.

Wish me luck!

Mike, where protective coverings so you can prevent the stains that will never come out!

god, I still love reading Brig’s TN. Such a good one.

Brig’s tasting note is spot on Frankie. I take it as a warning. And a challenge!

Putting on the protective goggles now …

My initial battle with the '13 has ended and the dust and pea gravel is beginning to settle.

14.7% abv. Moderate aromatics, dark as night. On the palate, ripe plum, black pepper, dark chocolate, black raspberry and a floral hint. Outrageously concentrated and intense. The defining characteristic here is extraordinary richness and depth combined with massive tannic structure that is just beginning to soften. I’d love to try this in another 10 years, but my last '13. Have some 15s and 16s, but Brig has me a bit intimidated about those. Gotta go - need to start cleaning my glass before it is too late! Oh - this was actually a stunning wine!

One day two, tannins soften, fruit emerges and the wine is even better than day one.