Champagne Zoom event????

Let me put this out there. Is there interest to pursue an event with a winemaker from Champagne? It would be a grower house, not a big house.

The caveat is that we have a 6 hr time difference for ET and 9 hours for PT. So, likely a 1pm or 2pm ET start, which means 10am or 11am out here in the PT zone. Ideally, these time zones would be best for a weekend event, so this is the avenue I’d pursue.

We would also have the natural differences in primary language, with some flexibility needed from everyone to accept this diversity.

If you would sign up and be part of the event, please post. I realize grower Champagne is not everyone’s thing, and I am trying to appeal to small subset of the world here but I will figure out a way to do something cool if people will attend.

Thanks everyone.

I’m interested.

Interested! With enough advance notice I might have the right wine ready!

Ha, both of the dudes who were on the Mousse event earlier, too. Thanks for the support.

Vilmart?

Would love to do a Cedric Bouchard zoom, but that’s probably a bit lofty :wink:

I am in. I am unlikely to have the right wine! But I am trying to learn more about champagne. I’ll try to show up.

Would be interested depending on the day. Perfect opportunity to open up a Ulysse Collin.

I had opened a Bouchard for Easter. Wasn’t going to grab the last glass during the Moussé event.

Brad Baker…

There are several things to ack about this kind of event, made clear by some of your posts. The smaller we go, the less likely people will have bottles to put into the event. Example…if we did Roederer, we would likely have more of those open than if we featured say a grower like Mouzon-Leroux or Marguet. I recognize that challenge but don’t see anything wrong with someone enjoying a Champagne from their cellar that may not match that of the featured guest. If a goal is to learn more within the context of Champagne, then it’s doable and I see that as a fun way to get together.

I’m not ITB and don’t have the relationships that some do here, like say Brad Baker. If someone wants to partner with me, I’m in for that. So Jud, it won’t be Vilmart on my own strength as I don’t have the relationship with the winery other than a visit and a lot of their bottles enjoyed (!). But, I have kept in contact with a # of small producers since 2018 and this is the cadre I would go talk with to see if they wanted to do this with us.

So, if you want me to pursue this, post your support.

I’m in…
would love Cedric Bouchard if possible…

Always interested in grower champagne…

Very interested and I don’t care if it is somebody famous or not.

Robert

Weekend, yes. Weekday, no.

I’ve always needed an excuse to open Champagne at 10am while sitting on my butt at home.

That would be awesome! I’d also be most interested in Pierre Peters, Vilmart, Caillez-Lemaire, or Soutiran.

Brad or Rodolphe would be awesome!

[smileyvault-ban.gif]

Are you guys suggesting, as one of the event ideas, that Brad Baker be the guest? I’m happy to pursue that with him but I want to be sure I understand.

In as well. Vote for Cedric Bouchard, Agrapart, Marie Courtin or Selosse (wishful thinking)