TN: Couple of Bedrocks With Dinners

Two different Bedrocks consumed during two different dinners. Both were very good with the food, the Schmiedt Road Zin is a restrained beauty.

2016 Bedrock Chardonnay Chuy Vineyard Moon Mountain District

Lemony citrus, floral, slightly nutty nose. Lemon pudding, Golden apple flavors, spicy hazelnut flavors with a full creamy finish. There is good acidity here to keep the wine in balance. Mouthfeel is quite nice. The wine has a bit more oak than I prefer (I admit to being very oak sensitive) but it was FANTASTIC with my wife’s delicious savory spicy shrimp pasta (no name dish :slight_smile:)

2016 Bedrock Schmiedt Road Zinfandel Lodi

A combination of two vineyards, Kirschenmann and Katushas this wine has a really lovely aroma. Red cherry, almond, perfumed fruit. I’m smelling this thinking it is similar to the glorious 2012 Bedrock Kirschenmann Zin. The perfumed red fruit carries through in the mouth along with spicy cinnamon notes and a streak of minerality. Restrained yet flavorful (crazy I know) with a silky smooth mouthfeel-texture. My style of Zinfandel and pretty great with a short rib dinner. 14.5 ABV is well hidden.
Had this wine over two nights and while it doesn’t equal the 2012 Kirschenmann, it comes close enough. Great effort!

2016 Bedrock Chardonnay Chuy Vineyard
IMG_20200319_192157.jpg
No Name Pasta
IMG_20200319_192050.jpg
2016 Bedrock Schmiedt Road Zinfandel
IMG_20200413_180800.jpg
Short Rib Dinner
IMG_20200314_182123.jpg

Yum

Nice notes…pasta looks awesome.

I really wish I knew how to cook at least half as well as the forum members who are posting food pics.

Me too! Now you know why I stay married. I’m no fool :slight_smile:

Awesome notes, love the 2016 Chuy!! Haven’t opened a 2016 Schmiedt yet but your note is super inspiring…too bad I can’t get to my offsite right now :frowning:

Love Chuy chards from a few producers (BR, Lioco, Failla)…not sure who’s making what’s left going forward.

Wow, awesome notes! And I agree, the 12 Kirschenmann is a HELLUVA wine. Possibly my favorite from the vintage, which is saying something considering Morgan/Chris killed it across the board that year.

Thanks again for posting!