Bedrock Late Spring Impromptu Release - April 21

Dear Brian,

We hope you’re all staying safe and well during this time. We’re grateful for all those who have reached out to check in – feeling very fortunate to have technology to communicate with loved ones and some good wine to enjoy.

Like everyone close to it, we are gutted by what is happening to our friends and partners in the restaurant industry, from layoffs to restaurant closures and overhauls to business operations. We are feeling the economic ripple effects ourselves as wine delivered to those restaurants cannot be paid for without future sales in sight.

To that end, we have put together an impromptu Bedrock release, scheduled for Tuesday, April 21st, from which we will donate 20% of profits to organizations assisting folks in the restaurant industry. This release is going to be a little different than usual, as the small quantities make guaranteed allocations impossible to calculate— as a result, all wines will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. The release itself will contain a variety of wines including:

A limited collection of library wines dating back to the 2011 vintage, including some of our highest scoring wines (we’re looking at you, Weill Exposition Series), along with some fun 1-2 barrel oddities we’ve made over the years and never released (2017 Shake Ridge Barbera, for instance).
The opportunity for you to re-order some Bedrock staples that had been committed to restaurants—Lulu, Old Vine Zin, California Syrah, Bedrock Heritage, and Evangelho (we’ve heard from many people that your stash of these wines is depleting rather quickly at the moment…us too).
A few smaller-production 2018 wines we had originally slated for the fall release.
Given the first-come, first-serve nature of the release we want to make sure those on the front lines of health care and other essential businesses are taken care of in case you are busy when the release launches— we will be keeping some of all the wines to the side, so please let us know if you want anything and we will be happy to accommodate. We’ll share more details next Tuesday, including information about contactless pick-up for people with will-call orders. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please let us know.

On a separate note, we wanted to let you know Morgan will be online with Antonio Galloni today (Friday, April 17) at 5pm Eastern Time / 2pm Pacific Time, tasting and talking about wines from Sonoma Valley’s oldest vineyards. We’d love for you to join: Zoom Direct Link | YouTube Live

Best,

Morgan and Chris

beat me to it!

sounds like a really fun release!

Also Galloni’s interviews on zoom have been really good. This weeks especially have been awesome

[flirtysmile.gif] Shake Ridge Barbera

Quick spend that stimulus check!

Reminds me of this
F87CC7A7-E48D-426F-ABD5-238C6B59DDBB.jpeg

I was thinking the same thing, but you always wonder why it was not released if it was that good?? [scratch.gif] Cheers!

Small production like the 2010 Puccini “Bedrock 150” wine.

I would guess they were tests to see how things developed before releasing them to the wild.

Morgan, Chris & Co. are THE BEST.

Although I’m going through a bit of a buying moratorium, I will break it and go deep on this one due to their generosity during times like these.

Thought my CC was safe from more releases…oh well. Always glad to add more Bedrock to the cellar.

Most of the small production lots are things we really love in the cellar but we don’t want to make too much of because we make so many wines already, or the rest of the wine is really valuable to another blend and we can only bottle a small amount, or is something really unique that we want to track development of (the 2015 York Creek Tinto is an example that we released later than normal) or simply something that blew us away in a given year. In the case of Shake Ridge Barbera, for instance, every member of the team loved the wine and wanted to have some to drink at home so we bottled up a barrel of it with most of it intended for personal consumption- it was our first year working with the fruit so didn’t know if it would be consistently excellent year-to-year nor were we ready to launch head-first into the Amador Barbera game :slight_smile:.

Need more Lulu.

Already??

Unseasonably warm weather and unexpected quarantine? Wouldn’t be bad to have some backups (especially because the ones that I’ve somehow made last more than a year have been awesome)…could really use those Lulu magnums from a few years ago!

Always! This is one wine I’m always in the mood to drink. Been doing a lot of bbq recently and it pairs so well with smoked meats…and seemingly everything!

Have you tried it?

Yes, I bought a full case but only went into 2 bottles so far.

little bit of thread drift here, but really liked your conversation with Antonio today. anyone who missed it should give it a listen!

The other 10 will be gone soon. [snort.gif]

It’s sad to think the NV champagne I’ve been drinking is acting as a cellar defender to these bottles :joy: