Today's Game: UPS vs The Mrs.

UPS is delivering wine today. I am anxiously tracking it.

My wife just ran out to get lunch.

UPS delivered the wine before she returned.

I WIN!!!

Next up: Fedex vs The Mrs.

hahaha this is a fun game I play sometimes

I have given up that battle. We have three cases in “quarantine” in the garage and another one arriving today.

Hilarious

Definitely a shift from managing perceptions around the purchase to managing them around receipt.

Don’t ask, don’t tell.

I have been married for almost 38 years. From experience, none of this matters. She knows what you are up to. No matter how hard you try to hide it, she knows how much you are buying and how much you are spending. As soon as you really understand this and know that (at at least some level) she accepts it (even if she does not like it and won’t admit it), the sooner you will get to a zen level.

My advice. Take her to wineries with you. The more she gets to see the wineries, meets the people at the wineries, and tastes the wines, the more she will want to drink the wines from the wineries you visit.

There are many advantages to being single, and this is one of them! flirtysmile [cheers.gif]

Unless she doesn’t drink wine, then you have a problem. hitsfan

Congratulations on 38 years. We are at 22 and going strong.

Unfortunately, your thoughtful suggestions do not apply, though not for lack of trying. My wife is a super taster; her palate registers tannins as off-the-charts bitter. She is hypoglycemic, too, so residual sugar is a problem. And her grandfather was an alcoholic. That’s a few too many strikes for shared vino experiences, though we did have a lovely visit to Melville and Liquid Farm a few years ago.

And of course, she knows about my purchases and is generally OK with it. I have a monthly wine budget that I mostly stick to, and it helps that it is my only hobby. No sports cars or other middle-aged money pits.

Bingo.

Heh. Since she doesn’t drink, I have the best of both worlds!

I am glad you are happy being single but that isn’t for me. Esp. right now.

Just remember when it arrives to say it is “our” wine

Seesh, Howard, lighten up! [highfive.gif] This is supposed to be a light-hearted tongue-in-cheek thread. champagne.gif

On topic, this is a reason I have wine shipped to my office. Only now it’s turned into a game of intercepting the boxes so my associates don’t think I have a problem! [tease.gif]

From experience, none of this matters. Your associates know what you are up to. No matter how hard you try to hide it, they know how much you are buying and how much you are spending. As soon as you really understand this and know that (at at least some level) they accept it (even if they do not like it and won’t admit it), the sooner you will get to a zen level.

My advice. Take them to wineries with you. The more they get to see the wineries, meet the people at the wineries, and taste the wines, the more they will want to drink the wines from the wineries you visit.

:slight_smile:

My shipment today would have been hard to hide. Maybe they wouldn’t notice another room made of wine boxes? [truce.gif]
B7CDA6B8-68C4-4EB8-85E7-961EE3367880.jpeg

Wow! That is impressive.
Good for you.

Like most things, being single has its pros and cons. My use of the flirtysmile and the cheers emoticon should have indicated I was saying it light heartedly. And by the way, I agree with your suggestion to get your partner involved by going to some personalized tastings. So many of my customers tell me that they reminisce about wine visits when they open a bottle purchased from that winery. I have customers send photos or just messages saying “we were thinking about our visit and enjoying “X” vintage tonight.”

I could not imagine a relationship where my partner did not enjoy wine.

Holy crap