Myriad Virtual Zoom Tasting with Mike Smith--Friday, April 24th @ 5PM PT / 8PM ET

Please vote for the date (the start time will be 5PM PT / 8PM PT)

• Tuesday, April 21st
  • Friday, April 24th

0 voters

Funny how opportunity drops. I got a request today as to whether we would do an event for Mike Smith and Myriad. I then spoke to Leah Smith, and we knocked around the idea, and voila, another Zoom tasting is born.

I’ve not known Leah for long, but was fortunately introduced to her by fellow Berserker, Brian Tuite. I know their wines are very geeked about here on Wine Berserkers and I also know that several of you have wanted to see a representation for Cab so it’s a win all-around to deliver this event to the WB community.

Based on scheduling, it makes sense to offer two dates (Tuesday 4/21 or Friday 4/24), either are viable but you need to vote for one if you have a preference and we will go with the date selected. Same time as the other events, using 5PM PT / 8PM ET.

Ok, vote away and let’s have another fun Zoom event.[thumbs-up.gif]

TO BE PART OF THE EVENT, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING. THANK YOU.

Date/Time: Friday, April 24th @ 5PM PT / 8PM ET

Theme: If you own Myriad, open one. Or, you can choose to open another Mike Smith project if you would like but our primary focus will be on Myriad.

How To Connect: To get the Zoom link to connect to the event, send a private message to Frank Murray III. I will then send you the link in a private reply. Once you receive the link, please do NOT forward it.

We’ll be muting everyone’s audio so we can eliminate background noise. You’ll also be optioned to turn on your camera if you like…we want to connect and have some fun and fellowship with Mike (and possibly Leah) so video is encouraged.

Both dates are a little hard – I have standing zoom chats on both of them [grin.gif] but I voted for Friday—I can join my other Friday chat late.

I’ll be there either date but Tuesday would be easier

I voted for Friday but either day works since it’s late on the East Coast.

Wow.
Thank you.
They seem like really nice people and I know they made major contributions to Falltacular.
Plus, I have many bottles of wine with the name “Myriad” in my cellar.
Looking forward to this wine.
My wife and daughter each get a kick when I go into my office to sit in on these Zooom meetings.

If Leah’s vote counts, I vote Friday - Looking forward to seeing you all!

I haven’t done any of these Winemaker Zooms yet. How do they work. Do they pick specific bottles to taste with us or is it more of a general overview of their cuvees/winemaking/vineyards/etc?

Big Mike Smith fan. This will be great.

I could do 4/24, will try and grab a 2008 Dr. Crane and/or the 2009 Petite Verdot…

Jordan, it’s the latter. It’s meant to be fellowship and also time for people to rally around the winery’s craft, to talk about the wines broadly and meet the winemaker, which for some they’ve not had the chance before. For Rivers-Marie, who makes several varietals, we saw Pinot, Chard and Cab open. Glad you can join.

Could do either. Prefer 4/21. Hope Leah will be making an appearance!

5pm is rough for a Friday, I’m usually just getting in the door from my work day. With that said I’ll cut my day short for Mikey and Leah! flirtysmile

Should be fun!

Woot! I voted Friday, but will be available either day. Looking forward to this.

Either day works, really looking forward to this one! Huge Mike Smith fan.

More fun stuff while under house arrest.

Thanks for setting this one up too!

Either day works for me. Looking forward to it.

Yes! The Las Madres is one of my favorite all time wines.

Friday. Now try to decide what to open.

For me Fri works and Tues doesn’t; either way, thanks for organizing Frank, and thanks to Mike and Leah for participating!