What happened with Arcadian??

Ok, so had no clue that Arcadian has dropped off the face of the earth. One of my favorite wineries ever and not one word about it being sold or closed up. I’m surprised it has not been talked about here on the forum. I got some info from a friend but still it’s a head scratcher. If I wanted a buy a bottle a google search brings nothing. Wine searcher shows a few bottles but not much. No website…no nothing…

So what happened? I know Joe is on the forums and would love to get his story.

Ryan I’ve been surprised that it hasn’t been discussed more as well. I remember thread that Larry is referring to in his comments here (and in which you raised the question of where that thread is). That said, I just searched for it and cannot find it.

1 Like

Google Search produced nothing and they know everything! Prince of Pinot comes up first on the search.

Recently contacted them about a corked bottle.

Joe@arcadianwinery.com
(805) 737-3900 Arcadian

I think they are still in operation, but don’t know for sure. They did offer to replace the bottle.

1 Like

Just sent him a PM on Facebook, though it’s been awhile since we’ve talked…lets see if he responds.

I love their wines too. I know from the post below that Joe’s family has been battling a rare childhood cancer:

I don’t want to speculate anymore other than to say thanks for the great wine and I hope to support any future endeavors from this great winemaker.

1 Like

His berserker day library offerings were extremely generous, I thought.

Ok, so I guess just a faded memory. Amazed how little interest.

he’s all healed and back to sports!

Well that’s great to hear!

I just got a mag of 2007 Hommage a Max from Joe delivered Sunday.

I’d guess like most of us he is quarantined, but we had email exchanges all week…I did see the website was down. Hope he chimes in to clarify.

There was a thread on here discussing this a few months back but it has been removed. I have the link in my email that someone sent me. Arcadian website has been down since at least February.

Arcadian was the first club / mailing list I joined back in 2004-2005. Not sure what happened and why there is no information – but wish the best to Joe and family. Great wines. Sadly my last bottle was consumed about 3 months ago.

Fond memories of the 2002 Pisoni. What a great wine!

Looking forward to someone will real info on the current state of Arcadian posting

1 Like

What were the details on the mag sale?

2 Likes

no mag sale that i was aware of. Justdrank a 98 pisoni magnum that was INCREDIBLE. Hopefully joe has some more

My layman’s impression was that when the Talbott family sold out to Evil Incorporated, Evil Inc’s very first move was to refuse to renew any existing “negociant” contracts on the old Talbott dirt.

Which had to have been an economic sledgehammer coming down upon an operation whose flagship wines hailed from the Sleep Hollow vineyard.

If anyone has had any further recent conversations with Joe, it’d be great if they can share them as well. Though we live in the same general area and Max and my son Jax were in school together as young kids, and Francesca goes to Northeastern, as does my son Cade, we really do not interact much at all. I know that there are customers out there, perhaps on this board, who probably stay in better contact with him, and perhaps they can chime in here. It would be nice for all of his customers to know what to do regarding customer service for Arcadian - what’s the status with returning bottles? What about the possibility of ordering library wines, etc. I would think that would be helpful, no?

I know that the new owners seem to be excited about the new wines that Joe is crafting for them, and want to keep the info somewhat close to the vest until they are ready to roll. Perhaps they have told Joe not to comment on anything, including this? Seems far fetched, as he was just on here last week commenting on one of his Syrahs . . .

Cheers.

I emailed Joe after his comment on his Syrah in the other thread, did not ask him about the current state of affairs but I did ask if I could get any mags of Pinot. He sent me a list and now they are in my cellar.

Below is what Joe sent me in email re. mags and to contact him if I was interested.

2005 Clos Pepe Pinot Noir $220
2006 Dierberg Pinot Noir $130

2004 Fiddlestix Pinot $135
2005 Fiddlestix Pinot $180
2006 Fiddlestix Pinot $200

2005 Francesca Pinot $250
2007 Francesca Pinot $199

2007 Jills Cuvee $145

2005 Pisoni $250
2006 Sleepy Hollow Pinot $135

2005 Hommage a Max $250
2006 Hommage a Max $185