Drinking well at Woodstock?

I was watching a bit of the Woodstock film (Director’s Cut if that makes a difference) and spotted something familiar. I figured it had to have been discussed already, but a WB search and a Google search both came up empty.

Anyway, take a look at this screenshot of a scene of some attendees passing a bottle down the row, each taking a swig directly from the bottle of course. This sure looks like one of everyone’s favorite “Super Seconds” - who was drinking this well at Woodstock?
FE8BFE77-3B1C-4937-8467-BF1D359CB822.jpeg

Good catch! Love being able to call out a wine when you get a glimpse of it in on TV/a movie. My wife, however, never seems to be that impressed :wink:

Mine especially loves it when I hit the “back” button to verify these important details. [wow.gif]

But back to the original question - who the heck was drinking this well at Woodstock? Did they schlep a case of classified growths up there in their red VW microbus?

There are a lot of old hippies and ex-hippies here, with great taste in both music and wine - and this is exactly the kind of thing a Berserker would do - so it has to have been one of us, right? [berserker.gif]

My money is on it being stolen from Dad’s cellar. Possibly at random.

I may be wrong but it looks like there is some sediment coating that bottle of Las Cases. Aged?

Yeah, that was my original theory, too, but since it was all about peace and love and everyone spends the whole film talking about how well-behaved all the kids were, I didn’t want to assume some pedestrian petty crime.

I’m picturing someone like Tom H. or Colonel Bob, working at a student job or an odd job, spending half their meager pay on high-end Bordeaux and the other half on that stuff that everyone else was passing around at Woodstock - it’s much more romantic!

It sure does look that way.

Not surprised, as it was mainly wealthy New Yorker’s and rich suburban kids that went to it. Heck, they probably just grabbed a bottle on the way out the door from the old man’s wine cellar before going Upstate.